Need some trouble shooting help

A leak I thought was fixed came back again. I think the problem is the Thrust Washer pn. FRC2906 is missing, which is preventing the Lower Swivel Pin Bearing from being snug and allowing the whole Swivel Pin Housing to wobble. As I am in the US parts are a little hard to come by and I was wondering if there was a suitable replacement, such as a washer of the correct thickness and diameter. Would something like that work or is the true part required. If not, could someone perhaps measure the diameter and thickness of a Thrust Washer that might be lying around?

Thanks in advance.

A leak I thought was fixed came back again. I think the problem is the Thrust Washer pn. FRC2906 is missing, which is preventing the Lower Swivel Pin Bearing from being snug and allowing the whole Swivel Pin Housing to wobble. As I am in the US parts are a little hard to come by and I was wondering if there was a suitable replacement, such as a washer of the correct thickness and diameter. Would something like that work or is the true part required. If not, could someone perhaps measure the diameter and thickness of a Thrust Washer that might be lying around?

Thanks in advance.

I posted on a similar issue recently

http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopic=42970

Is the washer missing or do you just need to adjust the shims on the top pin? Read Ralphs (Westerns) replies to my posts in the above link - that sorted mine out.

You are talking about two different elements of the swivel pin assembly.

The part FRC2906 is a thrust washer, made out of a material called Paxolin, which is the same as, or very similar to, the material the Railko bush is made from.

The thrust washer sits in the bottom of the bush, and the base of the upper swivel pin bears down on it. It is the pressure of the pin on this washer which creates the preload. If the washer was missing entirely, or very badly worn, there would be no pressure and the whole swivel housing would rise and fall, with oil leaking out of the lower swivel bearing.

Assuming the washer exists, the pressure is adjusted by adding or removing steel shims that fit between the flat top of the upper swivel pin and the swivel housing.

It is this shim pack which Reb 'adjusted', by removing a shim, which removed the free play he had found.

110 USA, if your thrust washer is worn, then making a similar adjustment may cure the wobble.

BUT, wobble suggests a side to side movement, probably caused by wear between the side of the upper swivel pin and the hole in the Railko bush. Adjusting the preload by adjusting the thickness of the shim pack will make no difference to this wear. The only cure is a new pin and a new bush.

Adjusting the preload by removing one or more shims is 'easy'; changing the Railko bush is considerably more involved.

Hope this clarifies the issue.