Help needed!

I feel sorry to come up only with questions and rarely with answers but I really need help here. :blush:

My Def '07 (Puma?) had its two-year check-up a week ago (expensive and long... :angry: ) and I've just noticed a leak under the engine! The service garage is far away so I thought I'd ask you all for your advice before going back there.

I don't really know the technical terms in English (and my manual is in Russian to make things worse!) so I'll try to describe to the best I can:

- When in front of the car, it seems the leaking product (black, quite liquid - could be oil or maybe some steering liquid, I frankly can't say :unsure: ) is concentrated on one piece, on the right of the engine, just behind the fan.

- This "Warco" thing (pic 189) seems to be the origin of the leak. The hood has a stain right above it.

post-4018-1244227879_thumb.jpg

- There is a second splash on the hood 10-15cm on the right, above the little blue plastic tap showed on picture 191. Maybe it comes from the "Warco" stuff, hard to say.

post-4018-1244227919_thumb.jpg

So I came to two conclusions:

- Either the mechanics forgot to tighten the screws on the "Warco" thing and all I need to do is to get a key and do it; :P

- Or, it is unusual, has to do with joint or other troubling matters and then I go back to LR and ask them (probably not kindly) to fix it.

I don't want to make things worse than it is, so connoisseurs' opinion is most welcome here! :mellow:

Wabco & it's the vacuum pump for the brakes, leaking oil get it fixed by the dealer under warranty soon as possible

Yeah vacuum pump dont worry :) ive already had 2 replacements :rolleyes: its nice how they spray the inside though <_<

Verdone

No.LTB00177v3 21 April 2009

Reissue: Please replace the previous edition of this bulletin.

This bulletin supersedes TSB LTB00177v2/2008 dated 27 October, which should either be destroyed or clearly marked to show it is no longer valid (e.g. with a line across the page).

Subject/Concern: Brake Vacuum Pump Seal Oil Leak

Models: Defender (LD) 2.4L Diesel

2.4L Diesel VIN-range: 7A732615-9A779263

Markets: All

Section: 206-07

Summary: Oil leaking from the brake vacuum pump front oil seal.

This version has been issued for a change in the Causal Part and End VIN.

Cause: Dirt ingress into the pump pulley seal resulting in damage to the lip and subsequent oil leakage (the new brake vacuum pump has a secondary dirt lip seal). Suggested Customer Concern Code - R31.

Action: Should a customer express concern, install a new brake vacuum pump (refer to Global Technical Reference GTR Workshop Manual, section 206-07).

Parts Required:

Description Part Number Quantity

Brake vacuum pump LR014973 1

Gasket LR004381 1

Labour Time:

Operation Description Operation No. Time

Install a new brake vacuum pump 70.50.19 0.7 hours

Repair/Claim Coding:

Causal Part: LR006782

ACES Condition Code: 42

Defect Code:

Yeah vacuum pump dont worry :) ive already had 2 replacements :rolleyes: its nice how they spray the inside though <_<

Verdone

No.LTB00177v3 21 April 2009

Reissue: Please replace the previous edition of this bulletin.

Subject/Concern: Brake Vacuum Pump Seal Oil Leak

Models: Defender (LD) 2.4L Diesel VIN-range: 7A732615-9A779263

Thanks so much guys!

I am back from the service center (yes, they work on sunday), and already got a new pump! They had only one in stock but I only needed one. :P

The technicians were very impressed with the correct diagnostic and even more by the bulletin!!! B)

3 hours after arriving I was hitting the road with a brand new pump and the forever-cool car that goes around it. If the car could, I am sure it would bark of joy! :D

So, again, thank you very much!