Wiring Looms

well not all of them, but just working out how my 300 tdi one fits in, from the battery box, do both of the main looms run out of the two round holes on the inside, and then do both run on the near side (left) of the gear box.

If so, what runs out of the bottom round hole?

from battery box aong the top of left main chassis rail then up left front of bulkhead across the bulkhead below the bonnet shut line to the right side by brake servo, then into dash area.

part of it that carries the main fuse box goes through a large round hole behind the cylinder head/engine block above the gearbox clutch housing.

the chassis section joins the main loom by the brake servo then goes down the right front of the bulkhead & into the right inner face of the right main chassis rail & through to appear at the right rear inner face just behind the fuel tank.

battery box bottom inner front hole is for the main power cable to the starter/alternator & also power feed for the glow plug relay.

the upper hole has the main earth cable to the transfer box/main gearbox joint passing through it.

hth :D

Ah, ok, this is where I am confused now and it's my own fault.

I have a TD5 bulkhead and the latest spec 300 tdi loom.

Land Rover sell 300 tdi's to other countries that have essentially the same spec as the latest TD5, but 300 tdi engines, these are the looms I have.

So I have the oval holes, and no centre round hole, I always refer to the vehicle as a 300 tdi, but really its a 2.8 TGV, and then a TD5 dash and bulkhead....

yes I am making it more difficult for myself.

I am guessing that I have a third large round hole for a loom to the ECU, but I don't have a ECU? My seat box is a TD5 also.

it's true, I spent most of today pondering over wires, I think it is laid out right.

It's just weird as I am running both of the looms from the main batter box out of the upper two holes, means there is the massive round hole in the floor still?

On the gear box there is a harness clip from two looms, but really I just need an image showing the looms run to make me sleep safely at night.

it's true, I spent most of today pondering over wires, I think it is laid out right.

It's just weird as I am running both of the looms from the main batter box out of the upper two holes, means there is the massive round hole in the floor still?

:) Hi, the three hole in the battery box on my 110 are, The battery negative cable- top right hand hole, Top left hand hole is the alarm immobiliser ecu wiring, - & the large hole on the bottom is the battery positive wire,

hope this helps, Mark B)

post-1678-1244371460_thumb.jpg

post-1678-1244371446_thumb.jpg

post-1678-1244371540_thumb.jpg