You lot are a bit odd.

Les Henson

I have to say, I didn't see any of it. There's something strange about this Commonwealth games event. It has been taken as a bit of a yawn around the country and I'm not really sure why? Media attention has been low (except maybe in Melbourne).

I have just come back from a work thing in Melbourne and I was staying in the Crowne Plaza hotel, which is right next to the games village. The hotel was far from full, traffic didn't seem much different by Melb standards, even the airport was quiet.

It seems all such a pity really because Melb is a great venue for the games. I wonder why the event has started off in such an underwhelming way. Anyone have any ideas about that?

Paul :)

So what's with the flying tram then?

I mean - a big bluddy tram with stick-on wings gliding through a firework display has to mean something?

Les. :P

Melbourne is famous for its trams though out the world . Hence the flying tram

Been going mad about the games over here. But no mention about the englicsh team though :D

• 2 weeks later...

Actually, I can happily say that the atmosphere has really changed now for the games. The pre-games lead up may have been pretty flat, but since it's all been underway the interest level has really picked up around the country (as it should). I have to admit I was a bit worried there for a while, but it's turned out to be a really good event now.

Paul :)