3.9 V8-Oil Cooler/Twin Radiators?

Hi chaps

Ive been slowly building my 109 up and have just come to doing the cooling side of things...... i think ive got a problem :huh:

I had gone with using a 200tdi rad and oil cooler,but the more i look at it,the more worried i feel about its small size and the fact its going to be cooling a 3.9 auto mostly off-road at low speeds. Im a pushed for space at the front due to me keeping the standard series front end,would using a second 200tdi rad at the rear behind my truck cab be enough to overcome the problem? And if it did,could i ditch the engine oil cooler?

As for the gearbox oil cooler,im using the bog-brush cooler off the the donor RRC,Does anyone know what sort of pressure the auto box pump runs at?

The g/box is a ZF HP22

Sorry if my questions seem a bit scatty,im at work and its busy!

Cheers

Gearbox oil pressure is low. Less then 100psi certainly. My hoses are made up with barbed fittings and proper hose clamps (not jubilee clips) and have had no problems at all. Make sure you get hose that is ATF resistant as aparently some rubbers degrade in ATF resulting in lots of sludge in your gearbox valves.

how are you getting on with the build? You should update your build thread :)

If it's any help my 3.9 is running on the standard series rad and a kenlowe fan which rarely kicks in during normal use, no oil cooling currently. This is a manual not an auto though.

how are you getting on with the build? You should update your build thread :)

If it's any help my 3.9 is running on the standard series rad and a kenlowe fan which rarely kicks in during normal use, no oil cooling currently. This is a manual not an auto though.

^^^ Same here, although mine was a 3.5.