LR4x4 Members in my area?

Warthog

Just wondering who's local around the Swindon, Cirencester area? Be good to hook up to go further afield to some of the Off-road sites around, if any one is interested?

Laters

Mark

Me - Devizes

DieselJim - Swindon

Les Henson - Swindon

Dr Goon - Swindon / Oxford

Others over Bristol way, Amesbury / Salisbury way etc

I'm up in Stroud, so not too far away, and Turbocharger (John B) is in Bath. Always up for a laning trip or fun on an off road site.

Happy with your bargin Detroit Locker?(that's another post out of the way)

Regards Bob

Well, there seems to be a good crowd pretty close. If anyone has any site's they fancy visiting at the weekends and Bank Holidays. Im up for a bit of convoy ? Safety in numbers.......

Guess most of you have been to Foxham4x4 Lyneham and the 4x4 without a club site @ Aldermarston?

If we can get a list of place's to go to, maybe getting a few dates fixed could be good.

I'm also in Swindon.

I've been to look at Foxham, but I can't say that it appealled much. I'm more of a laning person really. I've not yet been out with the LR4x4 locals, but would be up for it in the summer, when I'm less bogged down with college work.

Ant.

Im up for a bit of convoy ? Safety in numbers.......

Guess most of you have been to Foxham4x4 Lyneham and the 4x4 without a club site @ Aldermarston?

If we can get a list of place's to go to, maybe getting a few dates fixed could be good.

I agree with the cliche 'safety in numbers', it's best to be up on the Plain with some friends!

I've only been to Foxham once and very much enjoyed my day there but I think it has its limits.

There's perhaps more mileage in 4x4withoutaclub at Harbour Hill, Aldermaston, IMHO, and I'd like to revisit - their next day is on April 9th if anyone's interested?

There's the sites of Thames Valley 4x4 Club - Avon Dassett, Brick Kiln Farm etc to the east

I don't know much about the sites to the west of Swindon - what are they and can anyone recommend some ?

How far afield might people be willing to travel if Swindon was their starting point?

Just wondering who's local around the Swindon, Cirencester area? Be good to hook up to go further afield to some of the Off-road sites around, if any one is interested?

Laters

Mark

I am near Fairford. Went out laning north of Fairford last weekend, some rather nice scenery around Bibury and i got a set of mem map overlays from a guy off Difflock that lives in Stroud for some lanes around Cheltenham that look intersting.

Let me know when you want to meet.

Nigel

I am near Fairford. Went out laning north of Fairford last weekend, some rather nice scenery around Bibury and i got a set of mem map overlays from a guy off Difflock that lives in Stroud for some lanes around Cheltenham that look intersting.

Let me know when you want to meet.

Nigel

Cheers Nigel,

Will get back to ya to arrange a meet. Would like to do some local Greenlaning. What would you say the max amount of vehicles to go? 4? or less?

Cheers

Mark

Cheers Nigel,

Will get back to ya to arrange a meet. Would like to do some local Greenlaning. What would you say the max amount of vehicles to go? 4? or less?

Cheers

Mark

Looks like we could easilly find 6-8 persons interested so I would say a couple of groups of 4 vehicles setting off in different directions with an agreed meeting point for lunch ( ideally a pub ) would be fine.

Nigel