Giving Credit Where Its Due

adam5809

As above, im a great beliver in giving credit where it is due.

Have had a couple of order from L.R.Series

Both well packed, good prices and delivered ahead of schedule

Would recommend them any time

Well done guys!

Adam

My experience with them is a bit mixed.

Great website, with pictures, allowed me to find several odd bits and bobs whilst doing a bulkhead change.

1st order great all supplied in good time.

2nd order. Had a query as to compatability of part, email(s) never answered so had to wing it. Then it took a bit longer than expected to arrive. No response and a longer than expected delivery (site says from stock) set me back around 10 days.

• 7 months later...

Well, I'll add my experience of LR series as I thought I'd give 'em a go...

Website works well and all that, in fact very well what with all the pictures and part numbers etc. so I got all the bits and bobs I needed and hit "checkout". Then you hit the special extra-secure (except not secure & just really annoying) double verification thing for your credit card. I'm not registered for it, but there is no link to say "no thanks", despite the help/cancel thing saying there should be. :angry:

So, I try calling them but they're engaged (permanently it seems) :angry:

Then I found the online "please contact me about this order" button, so I hit that, put a note on explaining they should phone me so I can give them money.

No phone call, I get an e-mail response with a shipping quote so obviously they've not read the notes and just sent out a quote (for standard UK delivery, why would I be asking for a special quote for that?) :angry:

I e-mailed them about it and heard nothing :angry:

So today I thought I'd go back on their website for one last chance, only to find my saved order is now "Cancelled due to non payment and no response to our emials."

So, quite frankly, they have failed. Not only have they failed, but they've started with a really good website and then still cocked it up to the point I'd now rather phone Paddocks because at least they're just incompetent rather than actively f***ing annoying, and actually answer their phone.

I'd like to point out the "3DSecure" thing is nothing to do with LRSeries themselves, its handled by their payment gateway, and they dont really have any control over it. We use SagePay at work, and while it will let us allow the user to "opt out" of 3d secure, doing so shifts the transaction risk to the retailer, ie us. As a result its switched firmly to the ON position on our checkouts if the card supports it. If the person cancels it, the transaction is rejected.

That doesnt really condone the rest of their actions ofcourse. :angry:

Just to add my experiences, I had a reply to a technical email within 24 hrs, and when I used the feature to request a new/recalculated shipping total, was offered a cheaper method which suited me.

There website is also pretty good, as stated above, and is certainly useful when looking for parts.

To be honest I’m just trying to cancel my order with them. I've had pretty quick responses though but all telling me that I should read their T&Cs when all I wanted was the status to have not gone into picking at midnight sunday and stay there all Monday and today. Obviously automatic and not building any confidence on my first order.

"Order Received" on Sunday would have done,,,moved to "picking" today or monday would have done. But it seems I’m being unreasonable to expect some level of confidence my £800 order is being dealt with in a timely fashion. The emails I’ve received aren’t acceptable to me, not helpful and are almost sarcastic to the point of rude. I've no idea if he's having a bad day, but don't we all. All I wanted to know is when it might arrive or that it’s actually moved on!

What Fridge said "annoying" and I’ll try to take my business elsewhere.

I’ve no comments on quality of parts and no comments on delivery just plain old poor quality communication (mainly manners) for me. The web site is good but they should learn that not all customers are idiots and not understanding something on the web site isn't grounds for poor customer service or rubbing you're nose in it.

They've also now blocked me from buying from them ever again. Hows that for customer service.

To be honest they're probably better off not using them. :P

Taking my business elsewhere is already a pleasure. Called them, immediatly answered by experienced guy and he advised that one of the parts i picked isn't the best quality and to go Genuine. So all round a better experience allready. Will they be cheaper....lets see. He's already offered me discount and applied it to my logon for this order.

OK so the orders placed. He even called me at 8pm to confirm he'd got it and recomended a few parts were swapped to (cheaper or dearer) alternatives based on his opinion of what he'd put on his LR. Even suggested a completely different hub seal with an internal spring to keep it sealed, again based on experience. So up to now a much better service. If LRSeries were 10% as happy to help they might still have my order. So far he's got full marks. He's also asked me to call tomorrow so he can finalise the details in case he sees anything else i've miss-specified.

(I ordered genuine on some parts and not on others and he's advised changes one way or the other based on the quality of what he's seen over the years and who makes them)

So far recomended. Final verdict later......

I quite often use Brit-Car, who are helpful, quick and almsot always provide non-Britpart bits when I remeber to ask for them.

Used LR Series once or twice for hard to identify bits, good experience.

Used Paddocks a few times, always got Britpart which often failed to fit - I will not use them again, save in desperation.

Richard

Trying to ring LR Series today to confirm when my (£500) order will be sent out, can't get through to them at all. They appear to be permanently engaged, or something's the matter with their line.

I've always had good service from them in the past, I hope they haven't turned :(

People complaining that they can't get through on the phone, should read this little quote from their 'Contact Us' page:

Email us

As we are an online retailer, we find it more efficient to answer your queries via email rather than telephone. We feel confident that you would get a better service via email than you would by telephone, especially for parts enquiries.

Clearly they don't want to be manning phones and would rather get on with running the rest of the business, there are a LOT of webshops out there that no longer have any phone contact details, email is much more efficient...

This is true, but as a general rule I like to phone companies with queries and talk to a person who can answer me then and there. In my experience emails are very rarely answered.

That said, I will give them the opportunity to prove me wrong and I will email them :)

In contrast, I had a query about whether a TDS winch would fit in my winch bumper, and I phoned Goodwinch today and spoke at length with a very helpful chap about measurements and stuff.

They should run like one then (a web shop) and "accept" orders on the system rather than have the system go straight to "picking" at midnight on a sunday, which obviously they arn't as Duncan gladly and sarcatsticly pointed out to me. Which then sits there for 2 days with no updates i might add. To run a web shop you need a proper system and someone/thing updating it.

If their web system was upto date and instilled any level of confidence we'd not need to call. I order £1000's worth of stuff each year online and even Ebay is a better system. By the way you quote their web site i'm presuming something,,, as this is exaclty what they do in their snotty Emails.