300tdi wiring

I'm currently rebuilding my 90. I need to sort out the wiring as it started life as an ex military 2.5 nad, then it had a v8 and now it has a 300 tdi. All the looms have been chopped about so much over the years that i have decided to replace them all.

I have purchased new 300tdi chassis and engine looms from autosparks. I decided not to buy a bulkhead loom as it was around £250, but i managed to find a 300tdi loom on ebay for £15. On first inspection it looks good, but i am concerned that it may of come from a later vehicle with immobiliser. If this was the case how would i go about removing this?.

Also i have a group of 4 brown wires on the engine side of the bulkhead, 3 are about 4mm and one about 2mm. One of the 4mm wires has a red band around it. All of these have had the connector removed. Am I right in thinking these wires go to the starter motor and should have ring terminals on? if so which terminals on the starter do they go to?

Thanks Jason

just leave the unwanted wires disconnected & tape them up safely to the rest of the loom with each connecter suitable isolated.

get a 300Tdi wiring diagram too & you can identify each wire from it's colour code.

^^^ Agreed, easier to leave the unwanted/unused wires in place and blanked off. It could be a right ballache to try and remove all the unwanted systems, just look at the wiring diagram in this thread:

300tdi wiring manual thread

Thanks for the replies. I think i have managed to figure it all out now. Just received the looms from autosparks, they have sent me a 300tdi engine loom but an early chassis loom with the wrong connectors on :angry: I waited 3 weeks for them too. So looks like more delays in the build. Oh well not as bad as the 7 weeks and still counting, that i have been waiting for my chassis to turn up.

Thanks Jason