Auto box - Won't start off in Drive

Chiraagshah

Ouch ... but what about ... further down the page:

I have a 4sp ZF, when I select "D" the vehicle won't move, when I select "1" the vehicle moves off. I can then select "D" and continue to drive normally. If I stop I have to start in first again. Why?

A sprag clutch has "inverted" and will need replacing. No further damage will occur if you continue to drive but you will need to select "1" every time to start moving. A rebuild is required to correct this.

You could ignore it but I would expect more issue to manifest in time. There are too many RRC's out there to risk your hard earned on one with a duff box unless you get the price of a new box knocked off (i.e. the bloke pays you to take the truck away!!)

Ditto, if something is already broken, the wear in the rest of the box is likely to be in a similar state, just a matter of time until something else breaks.

Cheers guys. Will leave that one well alone then although the kit it came with made the price (500) a wee bit tempting ...

Looking at another one this weekend but its on a 4 inch lift and I've seen a couple of posts here that indicate that that is likely to be problematic too ...