90 Deg Challenge - Manby

JST

Had a real good event, no major problems,and took things steady bar a couple of snapped winch lines, and stuffing the steering guard in the arms !!! ,,

Just the 3 of us in Team C,, and the pleasure to be teamed with Stefan Pracht in that superb machine of his,, really was a pleasure to watch,,

and Mr Marsden, who was on a mission ,,,, so JST and myself were up against it in our group !!!!

Both Jim and Stefan did some amazing stages,, but i don't think we disgrace ourselves too much,, against either,

We did our arena test lunchtime Saturday, with ourselves going first, and keeping it simple,, Jim then used us as anchor point, and did the second section on only the left hand wheels only, not quite making the finish box before putting the 90 on its side, with a yard to go !!!

Then it was Stefan's turn,, drove the first section,, did a long circuit round the RTI ramp, using all the 400 hp ?? and did a 360 roll, and drove the last section, as though it was not their ,, Hope Stefan has a speedy recovery

Andy,, Thanks for some great stages, sorry we did not stop for the presentations,,

Well done Jim and Chris on the win,, and Marc for the second place i believe ??

James did another sterling job of dragging the Rangie round the stages for 3 days,,

and ours Marshall's (Team C) were just spot on !! Thanks guys !!!

Like my other half said it was too hot especially today and I don't know how the winch bitches did it, especially on the 'bugger me bitch' hill :lol:

I had fun marshalling with Team B yesterday and today, was with Team C on Friday.

Congratulations to jim for 1st . Sorry cant remember 2nd and gwyn for 3rd. Thanks to ALL group A marshals, competitors, wife's, girlfriends and others as i enjoyed the support and spirit of our group. I am 100% gutted and at a loss about coming last as we had no DNF's, broke absolutely nothing and did every stage???? I shall be back next year for revenge on gwyn and hopefully a clearer understanding and better game plan.

had a good weekend, stages were excellent and we had a laugh.

Would be keen to see where we came though - anyone seen the final results? there must be some somewhere - would be nice to compare all the times and penalties.

had a good weekend, stages were excellent and we had a laugh.

Would be keen to see where we came though - anyone seen the final results? there must be some somewhere - would be nice to compare all the times and penalties.

ill second that where can we find the results and scores as the guy was rambling on in a posh stage accent team 4 blah blah blah points why didnt he say names as i had trouble remembering my number :lol:

Results posted on D4x4:

Jim Marsden 1280: winner

Mark Dyer 1230;

Gwyn Lewis 1120;

Dave Crossman 965;

Stephan Procht 945;

Alan Kemp 935;

Paul Duffield 925;

Mike Robertson 900

Jonathan Wood 875;

Dan McGunness 855;

Martin Stainer 855;

Tim Jupes 835;

Chris Carter 825;

John Fair 810.

;)

Stephan (sp?? am sure its not like that) did well 5th after missing 4 sections mind you he was bloody quick, impressive to watch, shame about the roll he could of given Jim and Marc a run for the £££

Congratulations to jim for 1st . Sorry cant remember 2nd and gwyn for 3rd. Thanks to ALL group A marshals, competitors, wife's, girlfriends and others as i enjoyed the support and spirit of our group. I am 100% gutted and at a loss about coming last as we had no DNF's, broke absolutely nothing and did every stage???? I shall be back next year for revenge on gwyn and hopefully a clearer understanding and better game plan.

the quality of all the teams this year was excellent and in our group it came down to seconds and sometimes a 10th of a second on some sections, so it was basicaly a bit of bad luck

we took some gambles that if they had paid of would of shaved quite alot of time but unfortunatley they failed.

we found we could not compete with the freespooling drums as on 1 single long pull out you have saved a good minute :(

but after all said and done i loved every minute and learnt alot :)

I noted that some teams both sat in the car until they came to a halt, others the bitch ran holding the end of the winch rope, like walking the dog,

the second method seemed faster to me, as soon as the car stopped they were rigging the pull, rather than having to unbuckle get out and then start playing with the winch.

but what do I know? :lol:

the quality of all the teams this year was excellent and in our group it came down to seconds and sometimes a 10th of a second on some sections, so it was basicaly a bit of bad luck

we took some gambles that if they had paid of would of shaved quite alot of time but unfortunatley they failed.

we found we could not compete with the freespooling drums as on 1 single long pull out you have saved a good minute :(

but after all said and done i loved every minute and learnt alot :)

we managed fourth without a freespool. just got the rope out before we started!

Page 2 post 35......... :rolleyes:

thats not the full results

thats the final results

the full results would contain a breakdown of each stage including who had what time & what penalties

anyway,good event, had fun, bit dissapointed with our result considering had no DNfs & no breakages but hey ho

a quick vid my other 1/2 took

th_VID00000-20090626-1234.jpg

& a pic of what happened on thur night before the event started

IMG00152-20090625-1927.jpg

more pics to be uploaded tommorow

we managed fourth without a freespool. just got the rope out before we started!

you done realy well and must be as pleased as punch, we had the rope out but it got a it knotted at times, i definatley think me is saving up for a freespooling drum before next year!

• 1 month later...