crash helmets

Sparco Clubman helmets (blue tag) cant be used in MSA reg comps after this season with Blue ant intercoms (blue tooth)

Dan

Where is this info from Dan , I know the MSA are changing their regs on helmets from 01/01/10, But i am trying to find out if its for Challenge events ,

I am a member of Challenge South West and they are an MSA club , The only rules for helmets from the MSA are in an open or soft top vehicle .

And the Blue book needs an instruction manual to understand it <_<

Sparco with Peltor earpiece works great and is comfy.

Bluetooth worked great in Croatia even on 8 hour drives with lots of roadbook talk

what radio system do you use in the car ?

we've got a set of pelto headsets lite (com II) which work great, but am not sure if they can be used / modified to work with helmets (we've got 1 peltor helmet with earpiece, but nothing to plug it into)

G

Where is this info from Dan , I know the MSA are changing their regs on helmets from 01/01/10, But i am trying to find out if its for Challenge events ,

I am a member of Challenge South West and they are an MSA club , The only rules for helmets from the MSA are in an open or soft top vehicle .

And the Blue book needs an instruction manual to understand it <_<

I was told when I had my helmets stickered up at the first round of the Howling Wolf, that I could only use them this season and next season they would have to be red tagged.

Dan

I was told when I had my helmets stickered up at the first round of the Howling Wolf, that I could only use them this season and next season they would have to be red tagged.

Dan

Thanks Dan , Now If these red tagged crash helmets are to be introduced next year and the only difference being that they have a Nomex lining comparing with the A type helmets (Blue Label) Does this mean that fireproof gloves and overalls need to be also worn ??

I cant realy see the point in just wearing a helmet because its fireproof and then wearing say for instance a nylon track suit ( I do hope there is not anyone out there that still wears one :rolleyes: )If your gonna catch fire surely you just as well go the whole hog and wear the right kit .

Where is this going ? Do the MSA actualy recognise winch challenge events as a motorsport ,Or is it just Off road orienteering ?

But the question I ask is there a discipline for winch challenge events from the MSA , they cover comp safari .

Like I mentioned earlier CSW are now an MSA recognised club , But their rules state that MSA approved helmets MUST be worn in vehicles that have no roof or being a soft top , Therefore a vehicle with a roof and a cage does NOT require an MSA approved helmet to be worn .

These rules satisfy the requirements set out by the MSA for that club .

Wearing a helmet is a definate YES for me after many rolls now I finaly realise that it hurts . :P But The need for a fire proof helmet should realy accompany the rest of the fire proof clothing that goes with it .

Wearing a helmet is a definate YES for me after many rolls now I finaly realise that it hurts . :P But The need for a fire proof helmet should realy accompany the rest of the fire proof clothing that goes with it .

Good point, or rather two good points.

Basically if the MSA regs require you to wear a helmet, be that comp safari or challenge event in soft top vehicle, then the helmet must met the min specs laid out in the MSA regs (blue BS sticker this year and reg BS sticker from next, or Snell etc). Whether you agree with them or not, it's their rules if you wanna play their games.

If the regs state that no helmet is required, eg challenge event in hard top vehicle, then you can wear what you please, be that flat cap, wolly hat or your saturday night wig. I don't think there is anything in the regs that say any headwear worn when not specifically required must meet a min spec.

So the change in regs requiring a firproof lining really only effects you if you do winch events in a soft top, or speed events such as XTC or comp safari (guess what's on my xmas list this year).

Tim, only a matter of time I guess :(