HOME MADE SANDBLASTER

Walsho

THIS IS MY HOMEMADE SANDBLASTER.MADE WITH A GAS CYLINDER A FEW FITTINGS/RUBBER HOSE AND A £13 TUNGSTON NOZZEL...WORKS A TREAT

Lets see a pic of your home made safety gear made of rubber sheet :ph34r:

Marc.

Please can you post up how you made it etc, because i was looking into buying one and they really cannot be that complicated!

hello. here is a link to plans and i will post some more pics .the only thing i needed to buy online was a tungston nozzel.

http://www.vintageprojects.com/metal-welding/SandBlaster.pdf

http://www.mig-welding.co.uk/sandblasting.htm

TUNGSTEN CARBIDE NOZZLES (55mm long)2.5mm bore .NO AC1/2.5,AND 3mm boreTungsten Carbide Nozzle AC1/3.

http://www.blastitclean.co.uk/

Please can you post up how you made it etc, because i was looking into buying one and they really cannot be that complicated!

Hello chris, i'm just gettin the hang of this forum interface and i was wondering if you received those links i posted.(blaster details)?

Cheers.,.

Also Channing B Mould's build plans repeatedly mention the use of sand. This is horrifically dangerous. Silicosis is irreversible, permanent, and often fatal.

Always use an silica free alternate e.g. Ally oxide, slag, walnut shell, glass grit.

Also Channing B Mould's build plans repeatedly mention the use of sand. This is horrifically dangerous. Silicosis is irreversible, permanent, and often fatal.

Always use an silica free alternate e.g. Ally oxide, slag, walnut shell, glass grit.

He's right you know. It's so dangerous that it was banned sixty years ago, long before 'health and safety' was even invented :o

"Blasting of articles using sand containing free silica has been banned since 1950 and can lead to silicosis, which is progressive, irreversible and can continue to develop after exposure ceases."

The article is from November 1953 , sandblasting with sand was [and still is] used in the states way after we noticed it just happened to make everyone's lungs fall out in a squidgy heap.

Channing B Mould though, what a fantastic name.

The article is from November 1953 , sandblasting with sand was [and still is] used in the states way after we noticed it just happened to make everyone's lungs fall out in a squidgy heap.

Channing B Mould though, what a fantastic name.

Hello..

Yes ,sand is not good for your lungs,i use second hand metal slag from a nearby factory.

It cuts slow but fine for small jobs.

Many years ago i worked in a glass factory blasting designs on glass with carberundem sand i think it was called.It came in 20 litre blastic tubs..

I supose this means im ****ed ...

Carborundum = Silicon Carbide = no free silica = you'll live ;)

Thanks..taught i was a goner there for sure..

I also worked in a brake pad making factory in holland in 1994 for 6 weeks.I had to stand in front of a machine and put little squares of asbesdos stuff into hot trays and close the lid to cook them.Dust all over the place,now that was bad.

Lucky i got fired for going on the ..ss.

The things we do to make a buck.

This is like an agony aunt page in the back of a magazine..

Guest otchie1
Thanks..taught i was a goner there for sure..

I also worked in a brake pad making factory in holland in 1994 for 6 weeks.I had to stand in front of a machine and put little squares of asbesdos stuff into hot trays and close the lid to cook them.Dust all over the place,now that was bad.

Dead man walking. We had an engineer moan about dust in a building we were fitting once and it turned out to be a nasty asbestos dust. He went to the Doc who basically said, if you start to develop symptoms in 10 years or so remember to mention this incident. Sorry, no cure. :blink::blink:

I have an S10 for really dusty stufff :ph34r:

Dead man walking. We had an engineer moan about dust in a building we were fitting once and it turned out to be a nasty asbestos dust. He went to the Doc who basically said, if you start to develop symptoms in 10 years or so remember to mention this incident. Sorry, no cure. :blink::blink:

I have an S10 for really dusty stufff :ph34r:

Just my luck,rebuild discovery and drop dead..

I went to a place near Gatwick airport a couple of years ago to look at a series 1 that was for sale. When I arrived, the owner was ouside - sand blasting some military parts. All he was wearing was a pair of goggles and a paper mask :(

Sili man :)

Les.

I can't impress this on you strongly enough.

I lost my dad last year to Mesothelioma, a rare and aggressive form of cancer caused solely by exposure to Asbestos.

I've seen friends and relatives succumb to various Cancers over the years, but nothing prepared me for what my father went through, no human being should ever have to suffer like that.

Asbestosis, Plueral Plaques and Mesothelioma are rife round here, the chief culprit is HM Dockyard, Rosyth.

My dad worked there, he was an engineer working on submarine reactors. It was during a refit and reactor core change on HMS Dreadnought in the late 1960's and early 1970's that he was epxosed to a tiny amount of Asbestos dust, 30 odd year later he developed symtpoms, 18 months after that he died, aged 65.

Silicosis is also rife round here, dut to Fife's glorious mining past.

For your own sake and that of those around you who would have to nurse you and go through the horrors of lung disease with you as you crackle and wheeze before slowly drowning in your own saliva, take care with these things.