lose proshaft and transferbox gears

Hi.

A new question that started with my renovation of the transfer box. Is it normal to have so much play in the front prop shaft (ruffly 5-10 cm, check the video)? When i move the prop with my hand the gears in the transfer box moves as well. (the rear prop shaft is fixed). This should indicate that the prop shaft is okay, but something else is severely worn. Or am I completely wrong? Since Im stripping the transfer box i might as well try to fix this to. I dont know what should stop the motion, but I guess its the front axel hub that should do it, and that its bearings are worn out?

Its a defender 110 1992, 300TDI, LT230T, 4 cyl 1.4:1

video no 1: http://www.norly.com/propfront.mov

thankful for some thoughts.

(Since I think this is a new subject im starting a new thread. The other one with transfer box without oil is here. http://forums.lr4x4.com/index.php?showtopi...p;#entry409176)

hi their!

I have the exact same problem with my lt77 gear box and when i press the gas padel their is sort of a bang like their is somthing loose i changed all of the union joint and polythin bushings but for nothing and it is getting a bit anoying now.If any body got any ideas please tell me.

btw i checked the input gear but it looked good when inspected.

thanks

hi their!

I have the exact same problem with my lt77 gear box and when i press the gas padel their is sort of a bang like their is somthing loose i changed all of the union joint and polythin bushings but for nothing and it is getting a bit anoying now.If any body got any ideas please tell me.

btw i checked the input gear but it looked good when inspected.

thanks

I have had same sort of thing and it turns out the prop was coming loose.....not by much but the nylocs were shot, worth a look?

Dave.

I have had same sort of thing and it turns out the prop was coming loose.....not by much but the nylocs were shot, worth a look?

which part is the nylocs?

oo alright I know what they are...no every thing was nice and tight even with the prop shafts removed you could feel the loose in the transfer case.

cheers

Ive just noticed your video.....didnt see that before :ph34r:

There always is a certain amount of slack in the transmission but it does look odd how one end moves and the other doesnt. Will check mine this weekend.

Dave.

that isnt my video but i have the exact same problem

cheers mate