what thickness?

wozza35

2 or 3mm will be fine for a patch. It will last longer than whats there at the moment!! :P

Mark

thanks for the replys guys ,i was thinking along them lines but just wanted to make sure,ill probably go for 2mm as it will be slightly easier to cut /shape in my limited workshop

warren

thanks for the replys guys ,i was thinking along them lines but just wanted to make sure,ill probably go for 2mm as it will be slightly easier to cut /shape in my limited workshop

warren

my workshops only 6' x 6', it's how you use your tool(s) <finah> ;)

and what limited tools you have :(

angle grinder, small pillar drill, selection of imperial and metric drills, couple of hammers, a couple taps and dies, whole load of electrical kit since I'm an elecie, whole load of spanners, sockets and a torque wrench, a selection of files, a bench grinder (diddy little thing, pathetic), and a selection of Loctite's. Struggling to think what else I have that is special as I have to go beg/borrow/hire when I need anything special :)

angle grinder, small pillar drill, selection of imperial and metric drills, couple of hammers, a couple taps and dies, whole load of electrical kit since I'm an elecie, whole load of spanners, sockets and a torque wrench, a selection of files, a bench grinder (diddy little thing, pathetic), and a selection of Loctite's. Struggling to think what else I have that is special as I have to go beg/borrow/hire when I need anything special :)

trouble with me ive got loads of plastering tools but they aint much use on the landy :D

seriously i suppose i have most of the above with a welder and compressor thrown in (still trying to refamiliarise myself with the welder 10 years since i did any welding) i did have to buy some imperial spanners couldnt believe that on an 84 vehicle they still used imperial :(

trouble with me ive got loads of plastering tools but they aint much use on the landy :D

seriously i suppose i have most of the above with a welder and compressor thrown in (still trying to refamiliarise myself with the welder 10 years since i did any welding) i did have to buy some imperial spanners couldnt believe that on an 84 vehicle they still used imperial :(

a compressor! likes like luxury :D I do have an arc welder, but I use it to spot items together for someone else to do the job properly.

Yeah, most of the axles should have gone over to metric, but I suppose the likes of propshaft bolts stayed UNF and the gearbox possibly stayed BSF/BSW (some more spanners!), oh, and then there is the 2BA (British Association) screws that litter the vehicle for the likes of the seat box turn buckles, seat rubber buffer retention et cetera. Never met a vehicle yet that used only one thread form :)

warren

If you can cut 2mm steel, you can cut 3mm steel. It's not worth skimping for the sake of a few extra seconds on the grinder.

Al.