Sidbury was nice and sunny.....

minivin

How come the axle is so far forward is that due to the extended radius arms or are the wings is too short ? :blink:

Neither. :D

Its due to the entire frame being mounted approximately 2 ionches further back than it should be. When i originaly bought the car it was just a chassis with the frame welded on by Bowler (Before he sold the rights to Tomcat) for a bloke who wanted it like that.

However, i did not realise that he had done that until much later (and one divorce :rolleyes: ) so was a bit miffed as makes fitting panels a complete PITA.

The radius arms do increase the wheel base by 25mm to 101" but that is taken up at the back.

I had a real problem with the rear suspension at Sidbury - it kept kicking up at the back really high so much so i though at one point i was going over ;) Maybe i need a bit more rebound damping.

Time to clean it and then quickly strip the motor and see what is going on as its not a happy teddy bear!!

Cheers

Nev

Puff of smoke?

Black/Grey?

Winding me up?

The car used 10 litres of oil in the morning :o and then virtually none in the afternoon :blink:

So you may have seen oil smoke rather than a fuel puff!!!

I also happen to know the air/fuel mixture at all times (me smug?) as i have a wide band lamda sensor which aids in tuning.

True i did not race with my lap top in my, er, lap but i did do 95mph (on diamond grips oops) on a private road in Hampshire so know its ok at high rpm/high loads!

I just need to lean out the low load/low rpm sites and she will a sh*t kicker.

Its all ready better than the Hot Wire system and i have not fine tuned it!

Any one good at making non detaching exhausts??????

Cheers

Nev