Strange Dashborad

CYmon

Hi folks,

Looking at maybe changing my disco for a more recent model but Im a bit curious about the dash board...

post-8999-1246373187_thumb.jpg

Anyone any ideas ?

Whats the Fuel Filler button doing on the left below the Fog switches ?

Cheers

Simon

State the obvious !

Yes, ok , it opens the filler cap, but why is it under the Fog lights and not in the group of 6 buttons over the ash tray as per the manual ?

Could it be to open the filler cap flap?

Hi BogMonster,

I like the picture... :P

Here are extracts from the 01 & 02MY English EXPORT (ie LHD) car manual...

post-8999-1246383203_thumb.png post-8999-1246383538_thumb.png post-8999-1246383210_thumb.png

post-8999-1246384152_thumb.png <-- See annotations in the image

Even if the manuals are not the same, they show the Filler Button in the bottom middle of the 6 fascia switches, same place as my LHD 1999 car.

So either all my Rave Manuals are wrong or there is something Im missing... :(

None of the manuals I have show the Fuel Cap button under the fog lights nor a RPM counter with an "ideal" RPM range (see "Reduced 85%" above).

I asked the seller to send me the VIN so I can ask better questions, but for the time being Im stumped !

Thanks

Simon

Hey guys,

Thats what I like about this forum... lots of friendly people ! :)

I didn't know that the face lifts also had a few little tweaks like this.

Are there any nice places where I can find Rave-for-face-lift ?

And whilst Im at it, is £13000 OTT for a LHD 2002 facelifted TD5 Disco (new lights and fuel cap on instrument cluster) XS 5 seater with 59,000 miles on the clock...?

From what I can tell, no AirSusp or Heated Seats, and, like the Steering wheel, all cream interior.

Cheers

Simon

Ah I see what you mean - I thought you were moaning because the controls were reversed :)

Yes the 2003MY onwards ones (the silly four eyed headlight versions - released mid to late 2002) had some of the minor controls moved about plus the two-tone interior and different rear lights just to name a few things. Brakes are better too.

I don't think RAVE exists for these very late models - I think that was around the time that tech info moved to GTR for everything. You will have to log into www.landrovertechinfo.com and get your credit card out if you want to really fuss about whether the fuel filler release is in the right place - probably easier just to get used to it :P

Ah I see what you mean - I thought you were moaning because the controls were reversed :)

Yes the 2003MY onwards ones (the silly four eyed headlight versions - released mid to late 2002) had some of the minor controls moved about plus the two-tone interior and different rear lights just to name a few things. Brakes are better too.

I don't think RAVE exists for these very late models - I think that was around the time that tech info moved to GTR for everything. You will have to log into www.landrovertechinfo.com and get your credit card out if you want to really fuss about whether the fuel filler release is in the right place - probably easier just to get used to it :P

Yes, I wasn't complaining, just curious.

Having read the DiffLock section on the Disco2 website, I checked my TrasferBox serial number....41D, so I could add the Diff Lock to mine. That'll help get me out of some sticky situations.

Maybe Im better off paying a few grand to a-guy-I-know to rebuild my trasfer-box-gear-box and re seal the diffs... everythings leaking a bit now (10 years and 250K km) and starting to go clunk clunk.

I'll clean it all off one sunny day and see where the leaks really are. Maybe even refurb the Turbo.

Thanks everyone,

Simon

.......[snip]

And whilst Im at it, is £13000 OTT for a LHD 2002 facelifted TD5 Disco (new lights and fuel cap on instrument cluster) XS 5 seater with 59,000 miles on the clock...?

From what I can tell, no AirSusp or Heated Seats, and, like the Steering wheel, all cream interior.

Cheers

Simon

Yes!! My pre-facelift TD5 manual S was recently valued at between £4-5000 as a private sale. 60k on the clock and no expensive electrics to go wrong etc. etc., so I guess that £8000 is a bit much for the facelift and extra spec, especially as the car is now 7.5 years old!!

I also only paid a bit more than that for mine when I bought it from a LR dealer 4 years ago!!

Yes!! My pre-facelift TD5 manual S was recently valued at between £4-5000 as a private sale. 60k on the clock and no expensive electrics to go wrong etc. etc., so I guess that £8000 is a bit much for the facelift and extra spec, especially as the car is now 7.5 years old!!

I also only paid a bit more than that for mine when I bought it from a LR dealer 4 years ago!!

Hi Orange,

Thanks for the confirmation... I too think its a bit OTT - hence the question.

I think I'll opt for my second choice - clean up and refurb mine - with the options I've got Im not likely to find another like it - not for a proper price anyway.

And as most of us, I've changed so many parts that, appart form the running gear and body pannels, its almost a new car !

So... a refurb of the gbox and tbox and some engine/diff seals is an attractive option.

Cheers

Simon

Hi folks,

Looking at maybe changing my disco for a more recent model but Im a bit curious about the dash board...

post-8999-1246373187_thumb.jpg

Anyone any ideas ?

Whats the Fuel Filler button doing on the left below the Fog switches ?

Cheers

Simon

Ok Immagine yo're at the service station

Switch off the car open the door get out walk aroun and you realize you've forgot to open the petrol flaphttp://forums.lr4x4.com/style_emoticons/default/mad.gif

It's more practical to have the switch nearest to you so if your window is down just flick the switch instead of climbing back in yeh!!!