To Many Seats

Matt80

Afternoon Peeps

Have a nice query for you all.

Looking at getting an older 110 SW but i cant drive a car with more than 8 seats because of license restrictions. As they are all 10 to 12 seaters can i just remove the inwards facing seats in the back to get it down to 6???

Or do the DVLA frown on this.

Regards

Matt

Afternoon Peeps

Have a nice query for you all.

Looking at getting an older 110 SW but i cant drive a car with more than 8 seats because of license restrictions. As they are all 10 to 12 seaters can i just remove the inwards facing seats in the back to get it down to 6???

Or do the DVLA frown on this.

Regards

Matt

Most 110 CSWs don't have the number of seats marked on the log book/registration document, most people then remove the relevant number of seats to suit their requirements.

Regards,

Diff

most people then remove the relevant number of seats to suit their requirements.

Absolutely - the only thing is that you have to tell the DVLA that it is now an 8 ( or 6 - depending on how many seats you remove) seater. I'm 99% sure that simply removing the seats isn't enough. They don't mind you doing it, so long as you inform them. I'm also 99% sure that the form to change it carries no fee. Have a look on the DVLA website.

When I bobtailed the rangie (well, about 6 months afterwards actually :P ) I simply sent in the V5 with the number of seats amended from 5 to 2.

A couple of weeks later I got an updated one back. Simple.

don't know abou the rules of 12 seaters and licence req's though..... :unsure:

Does this restiction on your license restict you from driving any vehicle with more than 8 seats, or does it just restict you from driving these vehicles for financial gain. For example is it to stop you from driving a minibus as a job?

Some insureance companies dont actually list a 110 as having that many seats either so as far as they are concerned shop around.

SG

You need a Mini Bus licence to drive with more that 8 seats.AFAIK always.

I removed my side seats and informed my insurance company.

There is no seating number on my V5c so I didn't bother with DVLC.

I eat rat poison

mike

I can cause trouible in an empty house.

Thanks for that guys.

I Just checked the V5 for the old girl (and it does not show a seating capacity. And ive been driving that insured as a six seater for years. Just a wizened old man advised i was able to do that on the old girl as shes 40 yrs old but newer models i couldnt. Oh well.....

Think the friend was fibbing

Matt