Andventure Challenge

Hi there,

I was just wondering if anyone knows of, or is interested in adventure challenge events that involve offroading? The Camel Trophy and G4 challenge have been hugely popular and successful over the years, but generally unobtainable to most normal people. There are plenty of outdoor adventure races involving Mountain bikes, orienteering, canoeing etc, and there are plenty of Land Rover Trials and Winch Challenges pay and play days but are there any events that combine the two?

I am a true weekend warrior, who likes to swap his Mondeo for either a Landy or a Mountain Bike at the weekend and get out and get dirty. While I can do this at leisure when I have a free weekend, I’d like a bit more of a challenge.

Where is there an event where me and a mate can throw our bikes and a tent in the back of a Landie, strap the canoe on the top and head out to Wales or Scotland or the Peak Ditrict for a full-on weekend of adventure? Where is the mini-G4 available to anyone or everyone?

I am sure there must be like minded people out there who Bike and Run and Climb and Canoe and own a Land Rover/4x4 and want to use them all.

If any one has any comments or ideas or would like to take part in such a event let me know.

Cheers

Tom