Ground Anchor

reads90

Well you will all be please to know that the folding ground anchor Tonk, Jules , me and Nigel have will work very well in Sand dunes.

This is manly because i got stuck in sand dunes with the 90 and trailer in the middle of nowhere.( 400 miles from the nearest anything) it held great evern though it was deep deep sand. We had to use it 3 times to get out along the 300K track. But hey alls well .

Well you will all be please to know that the folding ground anchor Tonk, Jules , me and Nigel have will work very well in Sand dunes.

This is manly because i got stuck in sand dunes with the 90 and trailer in the middle of nowhere.( 400 miles from the nearest anything) it held great evern though it was deep deep sand. We had to use it 3 times to get out along the 300K track. But hey alls well .

Whereabouts are you now?

Al.

How was the winch in the sand.

For all you people who do not own a ground anchor and get stuck in sand (or if one ground anchor is not enough) you should know that one can improvise very easily - take spare wheel and place/bury it in the sand at a 45 degree angle away from the direction of pull and tie the winch cable to the rim. If you leave a 'tether' on it then can easily pull the wheel out once you get to it.

Adam