Another way to chop a disco

filthy boy

We have just chopped a disco in a different way and would like to post some pictures.

Can anyone do me a favour and host them for me as I can't post them directly to here?

Would be much appreciated.

FB

Have a look at imagecave.com. Otherwise, send them to me, and I can find somewhere to put them! mark.catchpole_REMOVETHISBIT_@btinternet.com

Cheers

Mark

Hopefully this will work!!

Sorry about the poor picture quality.

Discostubbyboy002.jpg

Discostubbyboy003.jpg

Discostubbyboy004.jpg

Discostubbyboy.jpg

Panels are GRP with an inner layer of woven carbon and kevlar for strength and to reduce the risk of penetration in a roll.

Rear bulkhead (not shown!) is aluminium.

There are welded in inner steel pieces to reinstate the integrity of the body shell after removing the rear.

FB

PS the diagonals are just to stop the body twisting during the build

Nice "Mild project" then :lol:

Keep the pics coming, oh and another 17 posts and you can sell that cra sorry "useful no longer needed parts" lying about :D

Whats the plan overall spec wise then ?...

how long have you been at it, and hows the will to live ?.....it tends to fade on and off with these "Larger" projects :angry:

Nige

Keep the pics coming, oh and another 17 posts and you can sell that cra sorry "useful no longer needed parts" lying about :D

Make enough to buy a better camera :D sorry maybe they were taken through the bottom of a beer bottle.

Nice mouldings (even with the artistic soft focus), this wouldn't happen to be your trade by any chance ;)

Do tell more B)

I like that, its very neat! I would really like to see some pictures in focus, and with the rear bulkhead on, as I have in mind to something similar with mine in at some point.

I guess the roof is a custom panet as well?

Cheers

Mark

We are not in the moulding business, but we are entering the offroad vehicle business. We have something else in the pipeline that has taken a few more weekends!

All this work was actually done by Butt Man and Robin, their real names.

All the panels are custom moulds, grp / carbon / kevlar. Fully seam welded cab. Oh, and we started with a brand new bodyshell :D

The rear will be trayback, linking into a cage.

On 35" ET's and with a 2" lift the roofline is about 5.5" lower than a standard disco. Oh, and a fair bit lighter!

FB

PS I posted the pics because not only can he not take pics he couldn't post them either.

Thats Pants......

Never going to get through an M.O.T with out Mudflaps...... :P

Nice work Robin....

Good to see you you've been keeping your hand in with Butt man.......... :rolleyes:

Nothing to Filthy, Boy o boy it is impressive....... :lol::lol:

So What are you doing next weekend...??

Fancy a hand painting the Seven bridge or have you got something larger in mind...?? :lol:

Speak soon no doubt :rolleyes:

All the best

Jim :D

Ps: Bl**dy lovely, bout time we saw some pics :D:P

On 35" ET's and with a 2" lift the roofline is about 5.5" lower than a standard disco. Oh, and a fair bit lighter!

So does all the height reduction come from the modified roof panel or have you had to do some other tricks?