Saftey specs

white90

Again Tony????

Tut tut! Hope it's not too painful :o

I always wear safety goggles as I am paranoid about stuff getting around the sides of glasses. If you have a couple of pairs you can swap between them if they fog up.

I just use goggles form B&Q. Just make sure they are to BS standards.

I have had the same injury as you a few times now Tony, not a very pleasant experience at all... I now use these goggles:

*CLICKY*

Excellent seal to the face, comfortable soft plastic, and very good peripheral vision, and very well ventilated, they are quite large which helps to reduce the fogging up. Since using them I haven't had a visit to A&E, well at least not for my eyes :glare:

Definitely recommended :)

I had a face shield once, found it still fogged up as you breathe into the mask, and even wearing one I managed to get a bit of rust/grinding disc in my eye, I am sure they are fine for working on a bench long term but under a vehicle when you get in strange positions there's too much chance of stuff getting past in IMHO.

HTH :)

at work we use North glasses, just cheappy ones but they're ok... clean then regularly with antifog stuff and seem ok when working in hot / fumey places.

the most comfy pair i've used were a set of steel framed peltor's :D

G

http://www.axminster.co.uk/product-Axminst...Specs-21419.htm

I have a pair of these cheapies... only ever fog up when i have a dust mask on. And when they get to scratched, not much wasted to just thrown them out! Cant say what they would be like under a vehicle, but they have never let anything into my eyes from grinding, routing, needle gunning etc. :D

Has everyone considered what it would be like being blind? I am paranoid about eye protection, if I lost my right eye, I would be classed as blind!

I recommend Arco, there are depots in most cities, big selection, and something for all pockets.

AD90

I always use eye protection but I've had the needle on the eyeball treatment twice now. Like someone else said, working outside in windy weather doesn't help. The second time was worse because by the time it started really hurting my eyeball had healed over the metal particles embedded in it.

I wear specs so I find a full face shield the best solution to the fogging problem. They also give excellent protection. I've had a couple of 9" discs disintegrate in my face with no ill effects. My ugly mug might now be even uglier if I'd just been wearing goggles or safety specs.

We get thrown off site if we are caught without safety specs at work (shipyards are paranoid about safety) so i'm used to wearing them all day.. :)

I can recommend Bolle, or DeWalt... do an ebay search for Bolle safety, you can get some pretty cool stuff for about £7, that are basically the same a a pair of £70 Bolle sunglasses.. I regularly wear them for 8 hours + and they never fog-up.

I've started wearing the tinted ones as sunglasses lately, as I seem to trash sunglasses very quickly, and at £7 per go it doesn't really mater. :rolleyes:

I use my airsoft glasses, impact rated and used by UK and US armed forces for eye protection from blast debris etc. Got them for £15 off eBay, closer to £45 odd new I think.

Came with a clear, yellow-tinted and smoked lens so I can adapt to whatever I am doing.

http://www.diamondbacktactical.com/images/.../ESS-ICE2.4.jpg