Drag and Track bar o/d on LR 90

Have a look at the Sumo stuff there the only one's I haven't managed to bend. So if you start there you can't go far wrong.

Chris - do a search on this forum - there has been quite some discussion about this. I think Tonk started a thread called Tube vs. Bar or 'Which is stronger tube or bar' or something like that, which ended up being about this stuff.

In my honest opinion, the best mothod is to attach a bracket to the diff housing as Tonk has done. I had promised to do some calcs, but I never got around to it - I'll have another bash. Uprating the bar is groovy, and I've got sumo bars, but I think a combo of the two ideas would be killer.

Cheers, Al.

I only enquired about the prospect of chris building some bars/tubes because i bent a sumo tr on last event and didnt feel the rock i must have hit. It was a lr catcher however which will have to be uprated to a better built bit of kit . Ideas anyone......................

Dave

Dave

If you go any stronger you could well break a track rod end or even a steering box, a sumo bar you can readjust and carry on, a box breaking could put you out of an event.

Peter

In my honest opinion, the best mothod is to attach a bracket to the diff housing as Tonk has done. I had promised to do some calcs, but I never got around to it - I'll have another bash. Uprating the bar is groovy, and I've got sumo bars, but I think a combo of the two ideas would be killer.

Cheers, Al.

:huh:

My Sumo runs trough the QT diff guard as there designed to for to give extra strength, is yours not restrained then.

Pete G is correct but I do carry spare ball joints and a stud remover.

I have been lucky enough to not brake a steering box to leave it us-usable on a event.