stolen, another one.

Yostumpy

As you say it must be the sodbury smash up. from out side my home last night

Camel trophy coloured 110 hardtop with 2 large windows each side.

reg no C716 VUY black camel bull bar. brownchurch roof rack thats been cut down so its only flat no upstand. bush wires, isuzu 2.8 radiator has a BURGINS & SONS sticker on it with their phone no. truck has side lockers,as its ex mil. 2 LARGE X ENG stickers in back windows, back door has disco. wheel mount on red allum, spreader bolted through to x plate internally. camel coloured wheels with track edge 750x16. this truck was sprayed inside and out. chassis is layered with old oil. paint coming off on the vent flaps under screen, and u can see the milt paaint . i hope one of their family DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Thats 2 in as many days :( so sorry to hear that i know i would be beside myself.

wont help you now, but how about we have a section on the forum (like some others do) where posts like this can go so that if anyone spots stolen vehicles or are offered stuff they can cross referance and hopefully speed up the recovery of the vehicle or the arrest of the buggers who took it?

good luck getting them back, but my 110Td5 that went for a walk just after christmas never came back, and the police couldn't have been less helpfull, i know car crime isn't a priority, but this isn't kids nicking a ride home, its organised crime........

Guest diesel_jim
There used to be a good police presence at Sodbury, and it was well advertised they would be in attendance.

I've not seen as many of them around on my last few visits :(

I expect they're too busy with speed traps, or arresting folk for standing up for themselves whilst scaring the poor muggers and robbers.

Or that by policing anything would infringe someones civil liberties, or maybe offend the Muslims, so they'd better stay in their warm police stations drinking tea. <_<<_<<_<

Feel for you mate.

Had a Transit nicked once. Never saw it again either.

Yep theft of Landies is probably organised crime. At say £2-20k per vehicle te pice are not too interested, but hundreds if not thousands are nicked each year making this a multimillion pound organised crime per year.

Regards

Leeds

Feel for you mate.

Had a Transit nicked once. Never saw it again either.

Yep theft of Landies is probably organised crime. At say £2-20k per vehicle the police are not too interested, but hundreds if not thousands are nicked each year making this a multimillion pound organised crime per year.

Regards

Leeds

Sorry to hear that - nice truck too.

Maybe time to invest in a tracker for my SV!

On your next one, how about a large steel spike locked in to the middle of the seat base? If it gets nicked - you just have to cruise the S&M clubs of kent to find the perp :)

I'll keep a look out by the way!

Si

Ref a tracker system:

have a look on ebay at this mobile phone tracker system

The mobile companies opened up the locating of mobile phones (accuracy from 50m down to about 5m (supposedly on vodaphone) about a year or 2 ago. You use a website to see where the phone is an example is traceamobile.

The kit on ebay was something I was just about to look at making, however he is doing them cheaper than I could, the advantage of his kit over just using a mobile is that you can stow this inside a door or headlining and iit will still work, a mobile would too, but it's a bit large and fragile and would need special wiring (or at least some modification of a car charger for your mobile).

Alternatively, I leave a mobile in the car on charge and on all the time, I don't think a thief is going to switch it off straight away.

Mobile phone tracking is better than GPS based tracker systems in a lot of cases since it also works indoors.

Costs are better than the commercial systems, since subscription is about £10 a year for the traceamobile service.

my 110 had a tracker system, but its up to the police to go and retrieve the vehicle once the tracker has been activated........... lack of man power is what they told me, which is fine, but 24 hours later i spotted 3 coppers asleep in a vauxhall astra, mcdonalds breakfast wrappers all over the dashboard, hidding up in the business estate where i work.. so not lack of manpower, just poor manpower management and a lazy unmotivated workforce....

Thats 2 in as many days :( so sorry to hear that i know i would be beside myself.

wont help you now, but how about we have a section on the forum (like some others do) where posts like this can go so that if anyone spots stolen vehicles or are offered stuff they can cross referance and hopefully speed up the recovery of the vehicle or the arrest of the buggers who took it?

That might not be a bad idea, I wonder if folks will remember to check it regularly?

my 110 had a tracker system, but its up to the police to go and retrieve the vehicle once the tracker has been activated........... lack of man power is what they told me, which is fine, but 24 hours later i spotted 3 coppers asleep in a vauxhall astra, mcdonalds breakfast wrappers all over the dashboard, hidding up in the business estate where i work.. so not lack of manpower, just poor manpower management and a lazy unmotivated workforce....

Should have knocked on the window, taken their numbers and made a complaint to the Chief Constable

I built the Dock side outlet shopping center in Chatham a few years ago when I was living over in Kent I used to see that truck all the time the side windows are very distinctive as is the rest of the truck.

I have the CT freelander running around Kent and my mate had the 110 ct traveling between chatham and Tenterden. (mother in laws farm)

Sorry to hear.

2 LARGE X ENG stickers in back windows....

I know X-Eng stickers are all the rage at the moment, but nicking the whole motor... :angry:

Sorry about your news. I've had a car stolen before, and I know that empty, gut renching feeling. You feel so violated! :(

This does not require Police. You can view the location on the web yourself and pop over for a visit, if you can get the police there as well, fine, if not I know what I plan on doing.....

my tracker was managed by trakker network, who will not give out locations, or allow you to view over the interweb, they work closely with the police and supply information to the rozzers, who are supposed to locate and secure the vehicle......... total waste of £400, i'm going to go with the mobile method when i get the new truck, then if it goes walkabout i can 'inversigate' it on my terms.......

my tracker was managed by trakker network, who will not give out locations, or allow you to view over the interweb, they work closely with the police and supply information to the rozzers, who are supposed to locate and secure the vehicle......... total waste of £400, i'm going to go with the mobile method when i get the new truck, then if it goes walkabout i can 'inversigate' it on my terms.......

Cheers for the info - The mobile phone / big stick solution looks the best.

Si

Thanks guys!!!!!! its really great to hear so many freindly voices. was thinking of not getting another one, as i'd prob have to spend 7500-8000 to get one as good but obviously later model. chssis was minging, engine was the nuts. still watching "a place in france" last night watching that guy running round in a 110 sw all over the mountains in the snow , I STILL WANT ONE. probably a sw now. I think they stole it to order thinking it was a real Camel, there is a real one about 2 miles from me, so maybe they took the wrong one. Tanks guys and girls.

Sorry to hear about your truck.

Has just got me thinking that now my truck is off the road for a while, it's sitting in the garden uninsured. Dunno what I'd do if it was swiped.

Now, wonder where my old mobile phone is. <_<