stolen, another one.

Yostumpy

I think they stole it to order thinking it was a real Camel, there is a real one about 2 miles from me, so maybe they took the wrong one. Tanks guys and girls.

Yostumpy, Sorry to hear about your loss.

Its a good job that my one has a lot of security. Was it on the drive?

As you say it must be the sodbury smash up. from out side my home last night

Camel trophy coloured 110 hardtop with 2 large windows each side.

reg no C716 VUY black camel bull bar. brownchurch roof rack thats been cut down so its only flat no upstand. bush wires, isuzu 2.8 radiator has a BURGINS & SONS sticker on it with their phone no. truck has side lockers,as its ex mil. 2 LARGE X ENG stickers in back windows, back door has disco. wheel mount on red allum, spreader bolted through to x plate internally. camel coloured wheels with track edge 750x16. this truck was sprayed inside and out. chassis is layered with old oil. paint coming off on the vent flaps under screen, and u can see the milt paaint . i hope one of their family DIES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mark,

Absolutely gut wrenching, just read this forum about your pride and joy 'Wallace'.

Will put the word out with some photo's around the Kent / Surrey scene. And keep an eye out at Newbury on Saturday - although see my PM.

June21.jpg

Mark.jpg

StumpyandWallace.jpg

Chilham.jpg

My fathers mint 90 was nicked off the driveway right in front of him last Easter in Swanley.

Dave in Meopham reckoned there were 2 stolen this close to Sodbury last year from there.

Have sent you a PM, give me a call. We are all at Bernie's field this Sunday.

Peter.

makes you wonder if theres any connection between this and the various 'traveller communities' that live round there..... i'm in northfleet, and my 110 went for a ride from outside the in-laws house in Welling in january..... and i'm pretty sure the thieving traveller scum from Abbey Wood had that one away....

• 5 months later...

It's not the value of the vehicle. My £300 astra was stolen last November, this ruined the mail order side of my business as I couldn't get to the post office any more.

I was stung by Cornhill Insurance, getting £36 in settlement despite having a policy with all the bells an whistles.

The 110 has come up for sale on ebay today - same reg and all.

Will wait to here from Mark (Yostumpy) first. Assume it was recovered at some point after the insurance paid out - will see what he says.

Wow Peter - you have a sharp memory - well spotted.

Steve

I wouldn't like to be one of his customers in the coming weeks, I would hope that the coppers have a chat to all his buyers and see if any of the items are tracable to other stolen vehicles.

Seems strange he should have such a good description yet not know it is stolen - doesn't pan out for me.

I wouldn't like to be one of his customers in the coming weeks, I would hope that the coppers have a chat to all his buyers and see if any of the items are tracable to other stolen vehicles.

Seems strange he should have such a good description yet not know it is stolen - doesn't pan out for me.

As menioned it may have been recovered by the insurance company then passed either through a reputable garage or auction house. Without knowing the whole story, I think it would be irresponsible to assume (

ass u me) they are selling a known stolen vehicle - it may be being sold as a stolen recovered - thats been put back on the road.

Should imagine Mark was re-imbursed by his insurance company. So wait to hear from him first if he even knows.