ROAD TAX in Budget

western

How do we find out CO2 Emmisions?

2.5D :(

Don't have to worry about stupid emission levels, their not applicable to pre 2001 vehicles just workout your new level of road tax by engine size -- for example my 110's 200Tdi is 2500cc so it drops into the Over 1549 bracket hence my new tax rate will be 175 quid :D I'm happy with that :D

Check your V5C reg document it might be on there, But 200Tdi's went out of production in '93, so you maybe OK at the pre 2001 rate. Emissions rates started in '97 so well after your engine was built & doubt there will be any records showing them or use the SVA emissions test result to tax it with.

Guest diesel_jim
Thought these links were worth adding-------------

which puts my 1989 110 at £175 for 12 months -- just a 10 quid rise :D Cos I managed to do last years at the £165 rate :D

LOL!! i taxed my 300Tdi 90 this morning, so saved £5.... which bought me a sandwich and some cake for lunch!!! :D:D

LOL!! i taxed my 300Tdi 90 this morning, so saved £5.... which bought me a sandwich and some cake for lunch!!! :D:D

Mmmmmmmm cake!!!!!!!!!!!! B)

£175 for our '87 3.5V8, not bad I think, considering my 2 litre auto daily motor will probably be in the £190 bracket on the emissions!!

Taxed my TD5 this morning as well and saved twenty quid :D

Silly system again though - The 101 which does around 10 :blink: (on a good day !) to the gallon will now be twenty pounds cheaper to Tax than the 90 which does about 25 :huh:

The only obvious way to stop people using ' gas guzzlers' would be to do away with Tax discs altogether and put the Tax on fuel - then those who use the most pay the most - but the Road Transport Lobby is far too strong for the Government.

Come on lets face it we send more on Fuel than Tax so even £210 a year is a drop in the ocean to someone who can aford to put fuel in a 4.4L v8!!

Depends what they're running it on - that's more than a months fuel for me, doing high mileage in a 3.5V8 but on LPG.