Where is the OBD connector

MogLite

it faces vertically down just above where a passengers right foot would rest in the passenger footwell

stick yer head in the passenger footwell and look at the under side of the dash and you should see it fine.

Nice one - thanks - that will save me some hunting around.

what are your EAS probs?

Steve

The vehicle was laid up for a week or so whilst a team of gnomes at LR carved me a replacement key.

During the lay up the battery went flat and the EAS went onto the bumpstops, and flashed "35mph max" on the dashboard.

I charged and then disconnected and reconnected the battery to clear the fault.

Compressor took a long time to charge up the tank/spring, but it did it.

Its been okay for the last few days. But I want to get some diags from it before handing it back to the wife.

Either that or drive it into a huge vat of soapy water to find the leak :)

even with the battery disconnected, it should have remained at the same height. the solenoids on the valves by default are shut, and use 12V to open. With a dead battery, the solenoids should simply remain shut and prevent any deliberate adjustment of the height settings.

to me, if it dropped to the floor, that would imply that you have a leak somewhere in the system . . . most probable culprits are the pipes or the air springs themselves.

if you have the ability to do so, then you can do a check on possible leaks by parking the car up and leaving the top tailgate open. if the computer registers this open, it'll prevent any adjustment of the EAS. If left for a while, then you may find that after a while, 1 corner of the car is sitting down slightly. If so, its a starter for 10 as to where the leak is :D

of course, this means youre car is unlocked for a while, so perhaps a job for the weekend whilst your in so you can watch it.

pipes are easy and cheap to replace using pneumatic tubing. Air springs from paddocks are Dunlop items ( as are the originals ) and are substantially cheaper than the LR dealer ( no surprise there )

Unless it dropped to bump stops before battery died due to uneven ground.

Easier way to test without leaving it unlocked or the boot open is to press EAS disable button in before switching off ignition. This isolates system and in the morning any corners down have leaks in.

How old is the RR? Have the air bags been replaced? If 7 years plus and no, then it is more likely to be a bag rather than pipes, unless a pipe has come too close to an exhaust. If bags, leaving it in 'High' setting will normally cause it to go down quicker.

btw from scratch a compressor in good order should take 5-7mins to fully charge system.

Cheers

Steve

Steve,

explain that EAS disable button bit.

I drive with inhibit switch on the dash constantly set on so I control the height at all times. Even like this, the car will settle and re-adjust when parked and locked up.

Do you mean press and hold the button whilst you turn the ign off?

Steve,

explain that EAS disable button bit.

I drive with inhibit switch on the dash constantly set on so I control the height at all times. Even like this, the car will settle and re-adjust when parked and locked up.

Do you mean press and hold the button whilst you turn the ign off?

No I meant the inhibit switch. It worked on mine. If you pressed this before switching off it would not self level. Maybe this was introduced after a certain MY.

Steve :)

Some excellent advice gents :)

I'm kinda hoping it will settle down now the car is in regular use again.

I read the fault from the EAS last night, as n/s/r height sensor out of spec.

Being an IT bod - I've just cleared it and I'll wait for it to happen again :)

PS I know the rear air-springs are on their way out. But I'm waiting until I buy project p38a and then I can swap bits around, and probably get bigger bags for mine.