Stubborn screws

In my Defender, there are a number of very stubborn screws that I can't move. Specifically, they're the ones that hold down the three brackets behind the front seats that keep in position the edge of the carpet which lines the second-row passenger footwell.

I've used WD 40 two or three times, and while I've been able to shift slightly one or two of these screws, the others won't budge. They are quite small and have cross-heads.

How to move stubborn screws like this?

Don't know these particular screws, but similar ones on my RRC go right through the floor and the thread poking out on the other side is rusted to <insert preferred expletive> in which case Mr Sparky the Grinder is probably your only hope (he did for mine in no time :D )

These are quite small crosshead screws, as per WD40 (try from underneath) and then give the heads a good clean with a small pointy braddall or similar. If there is no crud left in then I think you stand the best chance of getting the cross point bit in as far as possible.

If the head is nadgered, I would get a very fine [thin] metal grinding disk and cut a slot into the head to use a decent flat headed driver.

I managed to bag a full set of these from Ebay a while back, you can get an adjustable spanner on to give you extra torque..

Failing that if they still dont come off and you cannot get in to grind them off, Id try ripping the plastic 'carpet' away to let you get a mole grip onto the head..

Or get one of these