Heater Matrix Air Intake Filter

Just about to go up north to Scotland and was wondering about the midgies.

Is there any air filter system on the heater matrix intake

Last time I went I remember that all the midgies get sucked up and blown around the cab and in your face!!

Anyone know what is available or what is normal?

Cheers

Just about to go up north to Scotland and was wondering about the midgies.

Is there any air filter system on the heater matrix intake

Last time I went I remember that all the midgies get sucked up and blown around the cab and in your face!!

Anyone know what is available or what is normal?

Cheers

Remove big air hose from front of heater box (under bonnet). Remove tights from willing partner :ph34r: . Edit tights to size and fit over heater inlet. Refit big hose. Keep balance of tights for next filter change. Some experimentation may be required for find midge / air flow balance in terms of denier ratings!

I think it would more scientific to start with fishnets and work down the scale to get a balanced view of things, admitadly the larger gauge of the fishnets would only stop the scarily large midges, but I for one would volunteer to help remove them for testing ....:)

I think it would more scientific to start with fishnets and work down the scale to get a balanced view of things, admitadly the larger gauge of the fishnets would only stop the scarily large midges, but I for one would volunteer to help remove them for testing ....:)

On a slightly serious note, an outdoor place of my acquintance supplied something called "no-see-um" netting, which looked suspiciously like 15 denier tights ( :ph34r: bugger - displaying knowledge of SHMBO apparel in public :blink: ).

Scarily large midges? What, like wasps :P ?

Thanks for the advice

Is 15 dernier a serious guess?

Midgies are tiny and come in their thousands.

Any more clues

Thanks

Ed

I have it on good authority from a Lady wot knows about tighty fings :blink: that 15 is probably thin enough to let air in but fine meshed enough to stop midges. We need a guinea pig :unsure: (to try this out, not to stuff up the air intake, no, no, you know what I mean :P )

Or consult some actual research: Midges and tights