wing protectors

pritch1

hi thanks for all the replies, chris i will be interested to see what u will be designing if u can get some pics up. 898kor im liking those wings what did u do with regards to paneling or did u not bother? any more pics? simon thanks for the website aint seen it in ages seems my designs have turned out similar to yours after some thought :)

Pritch,

As regards panels, I just used some aluminium chequer plate on top with some ali "rolled" around the front radius. Inner wings are ali sheet bolted onto tags using riv nuts.

Also, I used the tubes of the wings to re-mount my shocks.

Dont have any pictures from around build time, but these are some showing it in use:

( I am aware of the bonnet to wing gap, I use two sets of hinges, the second higher set give better cooling during hard work!)

P1010017Medium.jpg

Tixover008Medium.jpg

Tixover110Medium.jpg

Tixover139Medium.jpg

simon r

have you ever thought of offering this kit(wind protectors) as an ''off the shelf'' conversion , would be a few takers im sure , me for one :D

p.s split charge arrived today , think postie kept my X-shaft tool :angry:

Sorry to hear that! If you PM me your address (I don't keep forum names in the database), I'll send you another free of charge.

There seem to have been a few of them that have been opened by the post office (security perhaps?) and not re-sealed very well.

I did look at making wing-bars - but the problem is that unless you are attaching it to a cage, the bulkhead is not strong enough.

Imagine what would happen in a head-on collision. The pointy bit is going to be heading straight for you and will just poke a hole in the bulkhead.

Although the A post hoop is in pretty much the same place on most 90/110s, it is not exactly the same enough to make a strong enough 'universal' mounting.

Si

pm sent simon

Sorry to hear that! If you PM me your address (I don't keep forum names in the database), I'll send you another free of charge.

There seem to have been a few of them that have been opened by the post office (security perhaps?) and not re-sealed very well.

thats look like what happened to me delivered it with an appoligie , saying it had been damaged in there care <_<

cheers for the great service /products

Dafydd