Ideas Needed

Troddenmasses

Turbocharger (John) has aquired a bottle of Helium from somewhere, and has been trying to think of things to do with it that might be funny. I have suggested lying it down in an open space, and knocking the valve off with a sledge hammer to see whether they really do turn into a torpedo, but he must be getting sensible in his old age as he's refused.

One other idea that I had this evening is to buy the cheapest, nastiest blow up doll from the local smut shop, fill it with helium, then release it over his home town of Bath. This seemed to go down better, but I thought that you lot might be able to come up with some more suggestions for him..........

:ph34r:

Take bottle to Billing.

Strand by Scarpion Racing tent, and ingest Helium.

Then either :

1. Have any conversation with the SR Dwarf

2. Shout "SIR are the bestest"

3. Ask SIR dwarf "Where Dopey gone ?"

4. Or "Snow White"

5. Offer to help talk to prospective punters, then start on 2nd bottle of 6 :lol:

Nige :P

Dom Jolly did a sketch where a number of helium baloons lifted a baby out of a pram and it floated away

Obviously it was a doll, but it was bloody funny.

Can you calculate how much you can lift ?

A giant anti SR banner at Billing is my vote

Or a cat - I bloody hate cats !!

Do SR have some kind of caravan at b'ling? You could just vent it into thier caravan so that they all talk the SR talk in a very high voice :D

Anyone know where to get a giant inflatable lobster from?

<snigger>

... nastiest blow up doll ... release it over his home town ... seemed to go down better

</snigger>

... Mark

Set a stand up at a road junction, offering to fill peoples tires to aid in the reduction of fuel costs and the environment!!!! a couple sheep and other things could be available on the stand happily bobbing about :D

Turbocharger (John) has aquired a bottle of Helium from somewhere, and has been trying to think of things to do with it that might be funny. I have suggested lying it down in an open space, and knocking the valve off with a sledge hammer to see whether they really do turn into a torpedo, but he must be getting sensible in his old age as he's refused.

One other idea that I had this evening is to buy the cheapest, nastiest blow up doll from the local smut shop, fill it with helium, then release it over his home town of Bath. This seemed to go down better, but I thought that you lot might be able to come up with some more suggestions for him..........

:ph34r:

I like the torpedo idea, but I suspect that it may be yet another Hollywood myth! If you want to try floating a baby or small child with helium balloons, Mythbusters tried this already, and it took about 5,500 balloons if my memory serves me right! and NO, I'm not letting you try this stunt with my baby daughter!

Perhaps you could try making some inflatable Land Rovers to act as decoys for the greenies! They'll be so busy watching a load of gas guzzling 4x4s float over their heads that they won't notice the rest of us driving on the roads! :D

I like the torpedo idea, but I suspect that it may be yet another Hollywood myth! If you want to try floating a baby or small child with helium balloons, Mythbusters tried this already, and it took about 5,500 balloons if my memory serves me right! and NO, I'm not letting you try this stunt with my baby daughter!

Mythbusters did much the same thing with a dive cylinder and no, it is NOT a Hollywood myth!

Chris

I've seen a large Argon cylinder do a `torpedo job, it slipped in the sling while being unloaded from a delivery truck, valve broke off on contact with the trucks bed, the cylinder raced off across the yard through 2 walls across another open space & was found embeed in a earth bank about 3foot of cylinder visible , still fizzing out argon.

Turbocharger (John) ... I have suggested lying it down in an open space, and knocking the valve off with a sledge hammer to see whether they really do turn into a torpedo, but he must be getting sensible in his old age as he's refused

They certainly do go like torpedoes and I can vouch for them going through walls!!

I used to work for BOC in Deer Park Road London SW19 we had a few valve "crack offs" and high pressure cylinders become torpedoes, not only that but when a valve is broken off the releasing gas causes a sound more or less like a jumbo jet on full thrust!!!