J33P 2 day Challenge Event

JST

Fancy a fun challenging weekend - try the J33P 2 day Culmhead Challenge on 19-20 Sep 09.

Punches are set to suit all types of vehicle with optional Special Stages and a possible night navigation exercise. Suitable for standard none winch vehicles although there will be enough to keep the modifieds happy as well.

Usually a good social weekend too.

Registration is through J33P which you will have to join although it is free!

Well Wrecker has just entered (ie Radford!) so look out everyone!

Bish - be good to see the truck, and will be a good test for her, i will be interested to see how she goes.

Brookers - you can only come if we get another photo opportunity!

JST, you will have another photo opportunity this year as I'm trying to get a suitable Landrover T-shirt to wear whilst in the j**p, trying to find "I would rather push my LR than drive a J**P" (completly ignoring your sarky attitude :P )

Brookers

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

Well what a cracking event! Sun shone all weekend and James set all the punches at just the right level IMHO - enough to make you think a bit, and even a few to crease your seat a bit <_< but not the full on challenge series level. Perfect.

The two night stages against the clock were the highlight for me - never had so much fun.

And to top it all, not a single dent in the truck, although that is probably down to Mark's abilities as co-driver - thanks a lot mate!:i-m_so_happy:

More of the same please James!

Bish got his winch blanket wet so decided to hang it out to dry.

post-978-125355395296_thumb.jpg

These two lads did quite well for a near standard Disco, especially when they appeared out the night stage with half a tree hanging out the door

post-978-125355396864_thumb.jpg

There was some sticky mud

post-978-125355399238_thumb.jpg

Does anyone know which side the punch card is

post-978-125355402671_thumb.jpg

Ah'a its on this side, they spent 10 minutes turning the Jeep around to find the punch card was on the other side, then had to turn it around again. The co-driver has a LHD and forgot.

post-978-125355404847_thumb.jpg

There was a rambler on site

post-978-125355450157_thumb.jpg

And the ramblers mate

post-978-125355451488_thumb.jpg

Took a couple of attempts to get the strop right but they got the punch in the end.

post-978-125355453369_thumb.jpg

So much better when you do not head butt the winch hook.

post-978-125355458552_thumb.jpg

They were having a good couple of day's with a very fast night stage.

post-978-125355460452_thumb.jpg

Here Pugwash is asking Tim why he does'nt own more 4x4's, he is on his second one and he has broken that.

post-978-125355482058_thumb.jpg

And to top it all, not a single dent in the truck......

Whoops! Scratch that!

Removing the accumulation of mud has shown that the front diff pan and QT guard are not the same shape as they once were and the Sumo track rod is doing a bit of yellow fruit impersonation too.

Can't blame Mark for the diff - I managed to pick out a large stump in a sea of mud - nice skills Bish!

Fortunately the diff isn't leaking so it will just be a new Gwyn Lewis weld on guard and a Bearmach track rod. Going to have a go at making my own track rod protector... maybe....then again, I might just cough up for one of Gwyn's......

Whoops! Scratch that!

Removing the accumulation of mud has shown that the front diff pan and QT guard are not the same shape as they once were and the Sumo track rod is doing a bit of yellow fruit impersonation too.

Can't blame Mark for the diff - I managed to pick out a large stump in a sea of mud - nice skills Bish!

Fortunately the diff isn't leaking so it will just be a new Gwyn Lewis weld on guard and a Bearmach track rod. Going to have a go at making my own track rod protector... maybe....then again, I might just cough up for one of Gwyn's......

just Buy Gwyns guard - its not worth the time trying to make one

I assume your front diff guard has twisted sideways exposing the front of the diff?- Mine did exactly that and after straightening it for the fourth time I got fed up and binned it...

I was gutted to have missed this event- bloody work (oh and a minor 15 year anniversary) got in the way...

I assume your front diff guard has twisted sideways exposing the front of the diff?- Mine did exactly that and after straightening it for the fourth time I got fed up and binned it...

i take it that was my fault too? i think Tim is preparing a big bill for me currently!

Well at the start of the event you did say you where only bothered about not bending wings, doors, or glass, you didn't mention anything about the bits underneath!

Cleaned the mud off my boots and don't appear to have picked up any damage, so all ready for the next event :)