109" roof on 110" ?

As the Safari roof is a separate panel bolted to the 109 roof, you might be able to take the panel off the 109 roof and fit it to the 110 roof ? I think it's just bolted on but it's a long time since I saw one in the flesh.

As the Safari roof is a separate panel bolted to the 109 roof, you might be able to take the panel off the 109 roof and fit it to the 110 roof ? I think it's just bolted on but it's a long time since I saw one in the flesh.

Looking at mine, they're not an easy thing to unbolt, if indeed they can be.

They're also RIDICULOUSLY heavy, for no real benefit in any temperate climate, as far as I could see.

I think they make quite a difference, what with all those vents in the roof just below the top skin!

They're also RIDICULOUSLY heavy, for no real benefit in any temperate climate, as far as I could see.

Don't believe it - they make a massive difference in hot temperatures both stationary & moving. You can leave a 109 in direct sunlight that would turn most cars into an oven and it'll be not so far from ambient temperature. The wisdom of the ancients is strong ;)

Don't believe it - they make a massive difference in hot temperatures both stationary & moving. You can leave a 109 in direct sunlight that would turn most cars into an oven and it'll be not so far from ambient temperature. The wisdom of the ancients is strong ;)

Which is why I wanted to use such a roof - having expirienced the difference first-hand.

Thanks for all your answers. Really appreciated!

//Kim Horsevad

Another way of keeping your vehicle cooler in hot climes is to use an earlier 110 externally ribbed roof with a sheet of chequer plate over the ribs. this creates a good air space and makes walking on the roof less wobbly :)

Mo

H Kim,

............another solution is to strip the Tropical bits - skin and vents off and fit to the 110. A friend of mine put a IIA ambulance body and screen onto a 110 a few years back , but I'm not sure without measuring if the 110 rear tub is the same length as a 109 , if you want that info I can wander into the back field and measure :P .

cheers

Steveb

Really appreciate the answers.

Am in the process of converting my HCPU to full length hardtop. Have found a roof which (presumably) will fit.

Going to build a full roll-cage next week - maybe fit a aluminium checker plate on top of the roll-cage. Might have the same effect - as suggested above.

//Kim Horsevad

here is my 109 cage , the attachments for A , B and C pillars are all onto a lower body frame made of box section as Will Warne's build :)post-1339-1249126887_thumb.jpg

post-1339-1249126942_thumb.jpg

There are no internal diagonals as this was not built for comp, just for more protection and rigidity.

Good luck with your cage , always satisfying to do your own stuff like this

Cheers

Steveb