underbody tray thingy?

As the title suggests, on my 90csw there is an underbody tray thingy that needs to be removed in order to carry out maintenance such as oil and filter changes etc.

Would it be a problem if i was to leave it off or does it actually do anything important rather that just collect crud?

Many thanks in advance. :)

As the title suggests, on my 90csw there is an underbody tray thingy that needs to be removed in order to carry out maintenance such as oil and filter changes etc.

Would it be a problem if i was to leave it off or does it actually do anything important rather that just collect crud?

Bin is the best place for it

Keith

On mine, there is a circular hatch which comes out quite easily to access the sump plug, and a cutaway to get at the oil filter. I have not yet got around to binning it. It probably helps a good deal with noise while motorway commuting.

Regards

Richard

it's there because of some legislation in some countries. besides, if you have a nice posh driveway, you won't have to worry about oil drips.

Really!!? Mine just collects it in the tray thingy and then dumps it when you aren't looking! :ph34r:

it's there because of some legislation in some countries. besides, if you have a nice posh driveway, you won't have to worry about oil drips.

Until the tray is full, you notice a drip, you jack it up to investigate and empty the contents of the tray over the drive!