What engine to use in a competition truck

My thoughts exactly Dan, since you're here can I ask your opinion on the Mog 404 axles? I'm planning to do similar to you with narrowing,

offset swapping and disk brake conversion. Are they too heavy for what I'm planning, or can they be made to be a good balance between

cost, strength and performance? And how have you found them in combo with your Tdi motor?

I presume that they're not ideal otherwise you wouldn't be making the Vitara with GQ axles and Isuzu engine :lol:

Different car for a different purpose and different class's

Mogs are probably not the best axle for your purpose, they can be a bit of a pain to disc convert nicely. And the diff and axle case is way too big and frankly not robust enough, But they are very stong and cheap.

I quite like my setup, but the tdi isn't flexible enough it's a little heavy and i don't like the gearbox in it, the front diff lock actuator fork has bent twice now, i've broken a rear shaft and the rear ring and pinion and i've smashed a front portal box,

But i have abused them badly on rocks