fuel pump? Series Three Petrol

Exmoor Beast

Its too damn wet out there to spend time looking at it so I reckon a bit of advice before I go on is a good idea.

My Series Three doesn't seem to be getting any fuel.

Using 'EZ start' the engine fires easily and runs for a few seconds but obviously getting no fuel it soon runs out of stuff to burn. Sounds jolly good when its running though I must say!

The glass sediment doofa was in a disgusting state so I cleaned that up and refilled it with fresh fuel.

I have tried hand pumping the lift pump and there doesn't seem to be much resistance. Thats when the rains came so I didn't get any further.

Being a complete numpty in these matters what should I check next?

Will :)

pull the pipe off the carb and see if the fuel is getting pumped upto that point, if it does then you can worry about the carb being possibly gunged. If it doesn't, find another fuel pump as it's a Series and they're plentiful. I threw away two a few weeks ago since no one wanted them......