LRO shepton Mallet Show

jules

Yes it is, I'm not involved with the show but I'm involved in the off road course there which will be open. Still a bit of work to do on it. Any particular obsticalls people would like to see or drive over/through? :)

Brookers

Any particular obsticalls people would like to see or drive over/through? :)

Brookers

Any chance of a few axle twisters/ Posing mounds? Its always good to see people showing off their flex

Alsoany chance of a bit more info e.g dates times venue etc..

Any chance of a few axle twisters/ Posing mounds? Its always good to see people showing off their flex

Alsoany chance of a bit more info e.g dates times venue etc..

The plan is to build a new section of the track along the fence line with some very evil axle twisters and posing mounds so you wish should be answered and the spectators should be only a few feet from the action.

Dates are 17th & 18th October http://www.livepromotions.co.uk/

Venue is Bath and West Showground http://www.bathandwest.com/

Off Road course is opperated by Xtreme Off Road http://www.xtremeoffroad.co.uk/

HTH

Brookers

Hi all

The interest has been astounding from the trade

the trade forms are about to get sent out and until there signed and back in the list will not appear I like to operate a got list rather than a wish list

Clubs have spoken to us and there forms will be out in due course

As for the offroad course its amazing I paid a visit 6 weeks ago and to be honest it wont disappoint its probably the most challenging site you will visit on a show ground. I will be down again in a few weeks to do some photos and am looking forward to it.

Jules we will see what mat and I can come up with :blink:

Jules we will see what mat and I can come up with :blink:

I'll bring my racer along and I can find a few mates that I'm sure will be happy to volunteer; all it needs is something like the Bowler do at Goodwood... ;)

The Shire's may well be intrested in a stand

:lol:

Is that the sound of a gauntlet I hear?

Err I think you guys might want to see this course before prommises of bacon rolls are made :ph34r: On the other hand I will be on standby with a winch rope :P

The course at the B&W was built to be challenging, if it's wet it will be very challenging. That said if someone knows what thay are doing a disco on AT's can get round but the driver needs to choose their route with care otherwise they will end up with wheels dangling in the air :lol: It was built to be fun with experienced drivers in mind and there are many parts where you can pick your route depnding on your and your vehicles ability.

At last years B&W show we had a couple of guys from the Cammel club giving passenger rides for us for 4 days and they were still out playing on it after the show had finished. It's been designed to be a challenge to an experienced driver. I know it as well as anyone and it still makes me grip the seat with my a**e in a few places :) We have bridges, rock crawls, sleeper steps, log mounds to climb, lots of side slopes including a 180 wall of death, lots of axle twisters, steep drops through the woods, the Xtreme ballencing see saw, more steep drops, and if we have time a tunnel :ph34r: I will post up some more pics when I find them.

Brookers

Just to echo what Neil has said - I've driven the course almost as many times as he has (almost triple figures I'd guess) and can honestly say that there are places on that course that make experienced drivers go "Oh Sh*t!" - and places where you can balance the vehicle with a wheel 3' in the air without really trying.

I think you might like this. :D

Matt

High level pic of part of the course,

post-4857-1248904076_thumb.jpg

The see saw,

post-4857-1248904110_thumb.jpg

Just had an email from Smithy who runs the course and he is very open to the idea of letting the comp safari boys loose on the course :) I expect he and LP will have a chat about it :lol: So gentlemen (I use the term losely) who will take on Jules?

Brookers

• 4 weeks later...