LRO shepton Mallet Show

jules

Err I think you guys might want to see this course before prommises of bacon rolls are made ph34r.gif On the other hand I will be on standby with a winch rope tongue.gif

The course at the B&W was built to be challenging, if it's wet it will be very challenging. That said if someone knows what thay are doing a disco on AT's can get round but the driver needs to choose their route with care otherwise they will end up with wheels dangling in the air laugh.gif It was built to be fun with experienced drivers in mind and there are many parts where you can pick your route depnding on your and your vehicles ability.

At last years B&W show we had a couple of guys from the Cammel club giving passenger rides for us for 4 days and they were still out playing on it after the show had finished. It's been designed to be a challenge to an experienced driver. I know it as well as anyone and it still makes me grip the seat with my a**e in a few places smile.gif We have bridges, rock crawls, sleeper steps, log mounds to climb, lots of side slopes including a 180 wall of death, lots of axle twisters, steep drops through the woods, the Xtreme ballencing see saw, more steep drops, and if we have time a tunnel ph34r.gif I will post up some more pics when I find them.

Brookers

No I think you just under estimate what comp drivers are like tongue.gif

Also I would expect comp safari car would not be allowed to drive at speed anywere on a show track it would worrie the marshalls just a tad...laugh.gif

No I think you just under estimate what comp drivers are like tongue.gif

Also I would expect comp safari car would not be allowed to drive at speed anywere on a show track it would worrie the marshalls just a tad...laugh.gif

Well I wasn't thinking of letting you loose while the public were driving round :huh: But Matt and I were talking the other day of working a time in to the day to let you loose :D of course if you want to back out now I wont bother :P

Brookers

• 2 weeks later...

Well I wasn't thinking of letting you loose while the public were driving round huh.gif But Matt and I were talking the other day of working a time in to the day to let you loose biggrin.gif of course if you want to back out now I wont bother tongue.gif

Brookers

could do but I have a gearbox fault which I don't have time to fix due to work commitments while I still have workhuh.gif

i am hoping to get up there for a bit

So Neil Challenging like the Interclub Sunday sections i take it?

Err James the idea is to drive round the course not winch round it! I was looking at a new bit of ground on sat with Matt that will make a very interesting extreme route :ph34r:

Chris, Live are the correct people to speak to, i'm only involved in the course, not the show.

Brookers

Err James the idea is to drive round the course not winch round it! I was looking at a new bit of ground on sat with Matt that will make a very interesting extreme route :ph34r:

Chris, Live are the correct people to speak to, i'm only involved in the course, not the show.

Brookers

you had to winch on the interclub??

its just that Extreme definition again!

From everything i have heard it is a very very good course, it just depends what you class as butt clenching and 'experienced driver'!

you had to winch on the interclub??

its just that Extreme definition again!

From everything i have heard it is a very very good course, it just depends what you class as butt clenching and 'experienced driver'!

Oh I suppose you just drove all those sections while setting out with your 110 :P I'm obviously not as Extreme as you, Tony still had 2 axles on his motor at the end of the event :lol:

Seriously I know what you mean about defining butt clenching and Extreme but I guarantee that anyone who drives the course will have to think about what they are doing and they will be grinning like a vilage idiot at the end of it. I did suggest to Matt that we painted the harder sections orange!

Will be good to see you all there.

Brookers

thanks for all the support

the bath and west show ground is purpose built and we are running a show due to demand in the area

traders clubs and day visitors have ask us for a number of years to put something on for them.

the offroad course is fantastic!!

LR GEAR, Anchor Supplies,Exmoor Trim,Sam's 4x4, Disco Breakers, are a few that have already committed we have 60 prebooked for camping for the weekend already as well as advanced day tickets

regards

Andy

anyone wanting forms trade or club please email me

andy@lroshow.com

Try this one, http://www.lrsouthwest.co.uk/

As for Marshalls, We will need them so if anyone would like to help out please PM me,

Marshalls will be needed for sat and sun but are welcome to arrive on friday, we will provide camping, show entry and a BarBQ on sat night with some beer :) Marshalls will also have access to the course before and after the show.

We will need you to attend for a day prior to the show (at a weekend) for a training day.

V8 Camel I have you down for Marshalling!

Brookers

• 2 weeks later...

Hi there,

Sorry for the ignorance but i have not seen this advertised before!

What size is the show, compared to billing? is it half the size, all the size?

Im very intersted in going and are planning a trip with some freinds, im just after a warm fuzzy feeling of what to expect before i agree to spend any time in the car with them!

Has any trade stands confirmed yet?

Cheers

Neil