A Bar

I managed to bend the bull bar on the NAS at Slindon. It's the wrap round type and on a failed hill climb caught a tree and was bent forwards getting a good old twisting and bending! Probably now time to get a new one but possibly just an A bar type to hold the twin driving lights and protect the rad grille area. I had to modify the existing one when I fitted the milemarker due to a low horizontal bar getting in the way of the gearbox levers. With the Greenies not liking any type of appendage the rubber type to bounce off pedestrians would probably be best. A quick search of Craddocks / paddocks / famous Four / ARB etc has shown lots of different types so has anyone fitted an A bar recently and if so price / good / bad points?

Best one around IMHO is the Rebel 4x4 metal A-bar in black, an exact copy of the Genuine Parts one but a wee bit cheaper.....

I tried to fit one on mine to hold the lights up out of water etc the other day but it's going to be more hassle than I thought (the mounting holes clash with important bits on the winch mount) so I haven't done it yet

Thanks for your input.

I have gone with rebel 4x4 as suggested by Stephen, good price no VAT, ordered the series III version which is 2 inches taller than the D90/110 model to give me clearance on the Milemarker. The low box lever sticks-up and hits the spot lamps on my existing set-up.

Will let you know how it works.