Sparkplug colour?

Quagmire

Guys,

I run LPG 99.9% of the time, only switching to petrol when i run out of gas (which is rare). In the warmer weather i start on gas too.

I know that you cannot "read" plugs on modern unleaded like you could with old fuels. I am assuming that LPG gives no indication whatsoever! I am running a closed loop system so my mixture on gas should be more or less correct. However my plugs are white :blink: :

DSC04363.jpg

Is this OK?

This is in a 9.35:1 RV8.

Cheers

Slightly off white is ok - there's almost no residue from the burn on gas. I've changed engine oil on LPG engines and it's almost as clear as the stuff going in.

Les.

Funny you say that, i also took a peek under the rocker cover whilst i was tinkering, and was pleasantly surprised at the colour in there. The engine has done about 12k since i rebuilt and fitted it in Novemember. I run with classic green 20/50 and change the oil religously every 3000 miles. This picture was taken yesterday and the oil is due to be changed next week.

DSC04368.jpg

Guys,

I run LPG 99.9% of the time, only switching to petrol when i run out of gas (which is rare). In the warmer weather i start on gas too.

I know that you cannot "read" plugs on modern unleaded like you could with old fuels. I am assuming that LPG gives no indication whatsoever! I am running a closed loop system so my mixture on gas should be more or less correct. However my plugs are white :blink: :

DSC04363.jpg

Is this OK?

This is in a 9.35:1 RV8.

Cheers

They look fine to me for LPG. No sign of burning etc., so if it runs well, don't fret.

However, I wouldn't be using champions. I prefer NGKs

Regards,

Diff