:angry:

I sorted the wiring out on my old 90 today and fitted brand new rear indicators units fresh from Wasipurt landrover spares.

All was well until I put the first fixing screw in the hole and the plastic of the lamp was so brittle it just cracked.

Anyway I thought never mind and glued the unit back together a little later I tried to fix the lens in place and guess what the lug came clean off before the screw had even knipped up tight :angry: Sent them an email and will see what comes of it but I am not to hopeful.

Anyone else had this happen?

Yeah me too. With a new fog lamp but I managed to keep it toghter with super glue and after 3 or 4 times setting it up again it seems to be ok. Well 6 or 7 months and it still works. I just did not bother looking for a replacement but I proberly should have.

:angry:

I sorted the wiring out on my old 90 today and fitted brand new rear indicators units fresh from Wasipurt landrover spares.

All was well until I put the first fixing screw in the hole and the plastic of the lamp was so brittle it just cracked.

Anyway I thought never mind and glued the unit back together a little later I tried to fix the lens in place and guess what the lug came clean off before the screw had even knipped up tight :angry: Sent them an email and will see what comes of it but I am not to hopeful.

Anyone else had this happen?

Just an update the people have agreed to replace the items and were very good about it "well done Wasipurt Landrover spares". :D

I always stick little rubber washers on both sides of the screw holes for all lamps. You can then be a little more careless tightening them up, and they don't let in so much water either. I cut them from a sheet of thin rubber with a hole punch.

Ill give it a try.

Cheers

Genuine lights have thin red fibrous washers under the screw heads and black rubber washers inside the screw holes that press up against the backplate's screw "prongs". They are there for exactly those reasons - sealing and crack prevention.