LED dash lights

The glow worms powering the dash lights on our 110 are (as with them all i think!) a bit dim, and i remember many moons ago seeing a kit that replaces the standard bulbs with much brighter LED's, i've had a look on google but the only thing i found was on Ebay, but i hate using ebay and i'm always dubious about buying on there.

are there any reputable companies doing kits? i'd really like to be able to see my speedo/fuel guage/clock at night! :lol:

I was also dissapointed with the brightness of the stock gauges, and I fitted this kit off ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/LAND-ROVER-DEFENDER-...id=p3286.c0.m14

It works well. If you want to make them even brighter, you can drill out the green piece of plastic, just in front of the bulb. I haven't done this, as they are bright enough on their own. Heres a picture, doesn't look very bright due to the very bright LED gauges I have fitted, but it is a huge improvement over the original items.

DSC00728.jpg

The glow worms powering the dash lights on our 110 are (as with them all i think!) a bit dim, and i remember many moons ago seeing a kit that replaces the standard bulbs with much brighter LED's, i've had a look on google but the only thing i found was on Ebay, but i hate using ebay and i'm always dubious about buying on there.

are there any reputable companies doing kits? i'd really like to be able to see my speedo/fuel guage/clock at night! :lol:

Send Simonb on here a private message, he does the blue ones & might have some grren ones left. I had a set of green leds & they were a vast improvement over the standard bulbs.

The LED MES bulbs that I recently bought on eBay for my series gauges were seriously disappointing! I bought the 100° flood bulbs that I thought would be the best effective lights for the gauges, but man are they dim!

Does Simon sell any that are more effective for the series gauges?? OR does anybody have any suggestions to improve the lighting in my gauges?

Todd.

• 3 weeks later...

Just wanted to highly recommend the LED dash lights i got and finally fitted, they're a massive improvement to the originals, though it did require taking the instrument panel out! but it's well worth it.

so thanks a lot to Simon and if anyone wants to be able to see their clocks at night, give him a PM.

:D