Anderzander

Look what I brought home last night ..

Love this :)

• Like 1

One of the first things I want to look at again is the heater exhaust. Not only is it close to the intake at the moment - it’s ripe for my daughter catching it with her foot as she climbs in and out.

I don’t want to exit it into the wheel arch and have carp thrown up into it, I’m also not sure that the campervan trick of having it exit under the body work is good on a vehicle with panel gaps like these have.

Running it through to the back, up and over the axle, doesn’t seem to offer any natural fixing points - and makes the low spot a bit awkward - so I’m thinking just extending it a little and having it come out on the front edge of the rear wheel arch like a side exit exhaust might work.

Any suggestions or words of wisdom folks? 

For the light weight I'm thinking of fitting the unit behind the back wheel, for this reason. The lightweight had cut outs for the winter adaptions, so this kind of resonates.

Still loving using this - and working through the various teething troubles.

I can fit my daughters motorbike in the back ...

C32E82F1-9BFC-481F-8874-080FF7A335AF.thumb.jpeg.223cccf068d3816a149e1beec33509b0.jpeg

524C1E73-2E1F-45FF-A48C-44DA7817588F.thumb.jpeg.7384c5f4bb7545d716683b72fbf6c172.jpeg

Biggest teething problem was the rear diff exploding. I’d fitted Rover P4 used diffs - I had remembered them as being 3.9’s but they are actually 4.3’s.  As an interim, and to assess how it ran,  I’ve run it with the front prop removed and a 3.54 fitted. Which proved too high a gear - it’s like a 3 speed box with an overdrive, and on the B roads around me I can’t be in 4th or I get transmission shunting. So a 4.3 has been found and I’ll be off to pick it up shortly.

A lot of things have worked really well - the heated seats are great and the Webasto is amazing. I left it on a few weeks back whilst we went into a restaurant- when we came back it was so hot 🥵 I suddenly realised my mouth was dry . The only down side with the vents is they get knocked shut when someone is in the middle seat - I could switch them to a non directional / closable vents ... but it’s good being able to direct the air - so I’ll live with it.

Current conundrum is my indicators - they’ve developed a fault where they work fine without the engine running, but when it is running they behave like their is a bad earth, with the tell tale light having the faintest glow when they aren’t on - and when switched on they don’t flash. Any suggestions for it?

• Like 2

Flasher relay/can would be my first point of interest  assuming all the normal connection and earth checks are ok , Funnily enough I am still loving this too :)

cheers

Steve b

• Thanks 1

It’s fantastic on the lanes; I might trim the U bolt threads flush with the nuts - they are a bit long and catch on the rocks, but it’s fabulous

All that torque and nice low gears works really well.

What’s quite strange is - obviously the 200tdi doesn’t have an anti-stall like the Td5 I normally drive, but with so much torque and so little weight to load the motor it works with no pedal pretty much just the same.

So many line choices too 😊

Drum brakes were pretty scary after coming out the river though 😮

So jealous :wub: 

Perfect for pottering along the lanes :) 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Enjoy the little one !!!

So good to see it out having fun !

• Like 1

Bronze green with envy here too, ..... need to get on and create some space! :)

• Like 1

Superb photos. Looks idyllic. Enjoy.

• Like 1

Living the good live!

Daan

Just had a proper Land Rover adventure: took my mum out laning..

C3DF8FEB-5EF5-4AB2-A7B4-CC9E586FA389.thumb.jpeg.6b17bdbd713172879c40d56ad790eba8.jpeg

As we got out the end of the last Lane the accelerator pedal lost grip and was just rotating around the rod, with nothing left on the bolt to tighten it up. 

So I drove 40 minutes back using the ribbon on my dog’s whistle as a hand throttle - passed it through a hole in the bulkhead and cable tied onto the accelerator linkage.

E6B59EAF-CFBE-4830-9F5B-2C0ED5379FEB.thumb.jpeg.a512c1e8a2ae389abcec5984bac76190.jpeg

6DCC0451-4FC7-4E2C-B284-315162D0D734.thumb.jpeg.83c8ac3b5cb4cf24341525cce56be4c0.jpeg

The lesson is that it’s bloody hard changing gear whilst using a whistle to accelerate with the same hand - albeit great fun.  

Made it home safely though with just a bit of erratic driving coming out of junctions.

Here’s a short video from before it happened:

and a couple more photos taken in my usual parking spot:

A9B08B60-00B1-4BAA-B873-C3B7B0EF8EC9.thumb.jpeg.d1abdf8da7cf7b90ba8d5e950408e5b3.jpeg

9E18D98A-419E-41F6-A878-DF1534ACC1DF.thumb.jpeg.7e595836aeb31b49f5780726d21e23aa.jpeg

6 minutes ago, Blanco said:

Was Mum amused or not? Love the simple hack to get home :D

She loved it - though she looked a little stressed in traffic. 😬

Well Done !

Dog leads are very useful..

• Thanks 1