scorpion racing

dicsosfa

hi everyone :)

just want to know if scorpion racing was taken over if so by who, or just gone bump ?

i am asking this because my mate is after some of there bolt on anti - roll bar brackets for the front,rear axle or if you know where i can get some from please

thanks Roy

I've been wondering what happened to them as well - I'd gone for the colourful stuff in the past.

The weblink of their (perhaps) new owners leads to a site still being built (always good for business in the internet age!)

Anyone know who sells stiff minus 65mm lowering springs for a Disco 1?

Scorpion used to and went under the radar before I could order. :blink:

i saw an advert fot extreme 4X4 in a mag, the products look the same,

you guys remember their "extreme kit" and their "evolution kit" for suspension.

well a quick comparison between the two ads confirms it for me, even the exact same product names.

srtange :P

mikey

• 12 years later...
3 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

Generally good stuff. Mostly made in Poland, with good powdercoating.

Damn site better than TF

Despite all the bad press this is my experience too. The rock/tree sliders on my 90 were bought from them, unlike most they were galvanised and then powder coated from new. The only damage to them after 10 plus years was some scratched off powder coat where a Mondeo decided to write off a front wing and headlight. The remaining powder coat never came off when pressure washing and I never had any rust on them either!

I eventually re galvanised and powder costed as part of my rebuild just to tidy them up and match in with the rest of the truck

• Like 2

15 hours ago, Stellaghost said:

@Nonimouse what's your thoughts on the extreme 4x4 remote reservoir shock absorbers regards Stephen

Like most 'branded' shocks, they have to be made by one of the supply manufactureres of shocks. I've not found out who yet. Extreme 4x4 is actually quite good on quality. The origional owner of Scorpion runs the company, but the money behind it comes from the owners of Durite, who don't suffer fools gladly.

I've always felt that Scorpion ended up failing because they got too big too soon, victims of the fast buck available in the 4x4 world

The shocks are probably assembled in either Canada, Brazil or China. They look to have shared componenets as the Procomp remote reservoir shocks (very good) and the Britpart RRS (also very good and a very good warrantee)

• Thanks 1

7 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

I've always felt that Scorpion ended up failing because they got too big too soon, victims of the fast buck available in the 4x4 world

It was more due to poor business practice - failing to pay suppliers in particular!  I went to the creditors meeting, following their liquidation.  There was practically no value of assets to share between the creditors, who were collectively owed a lot of money!

The stock was apparently sold (legally), prior to the liquidation - but there was nothing left for the creditors.

Colin just moved on - and then Extreme 4x4 was magically born.  It is (or was) owned by Durite (presumably because Colin was barred from being a Director) - and I hope they keep him on a very tight leash.

Maybe, that's just the way (some) business operates, and it is of course fully legal.  However, to me, it felt like theft!

• Like 2

It's been a common theme though - I can think of a fair few companies in the 4x4 game who did just the same thing; in fact I have run out of fingers.

I did hear that the Poles sold their debt to the Russians, who came looking

I only saw Colin once, since.  That was on the Belgium National.  He was there taking photos.  The look on his face, when he recognised me was priceless - he just turned on his heels & legged it. 

I'm still angry about it, 15 years on.  It was a lot of money - difficult for a small company to just write off.  Colin / Scorpion / whatever you're calling yourself now - you're not forgiven!

• Like 4

3 hours ago, Nonimouse said:

It's been a common theme though - I can think of a fair few companies in the 4x4 game who did just the same thing; in fact I have run out of fingers.

I did hear that the Poles sold their debt to the Russians, who came looking

Over here as well, and in all sectors. Construction is particularly notorious for it.

16 hours ago, simonr said:

I only saw Colin once, since.  That was on the Belgium National.  He was there taking photos.  The look on his face, when he recognised me was priceless - he just turned on his heels & legged it. 

I'm still angry about it, 15 years on.  It was a lot of money - difficult for a small company to just write off.  Colin / Scorpion / whatever you're calling yourself now - you're not forgiven!

But you were perfect pray. As Escape says. it's rife in the construction Industry, especially in plant hire

As for him legging it - I'm not suprised. You're a big bloke, he's vertically challenged. If I saw an angry SimonR, who wanted strong words with me, I'd find somewhere to hide

The behaviour of Scrapiron and their obvious links with Extreme mean I will never spend money at Extreme.  There is a notorious Peterborough based dealer and “blinger” of Defenders, often featured in LRO, with a similar history of fraud and deception that filed for bankruptcy and then relaunched under supposed new directors.  I call BS.  They won’t see my custom either.  It happens far too often, and they never change their ways, just get a bit craftier.

6 minutes ago, Snagger said:

The behaviour of Scrapiron and their obvious links with Extreme mean I will never spend money at Extreme.  There is a notorious Peterborough based dealer and “blinger” of Defenders, often featured in LRO, with a similar history of fraud and deception that filed for bankruptcy and then relaunched under supposed new directors.  I call BS.  They won’t see my custom either.  It happens far too often, and they never change their ways, just get a bit craftier.

Is that the one who is amphibious?  I used to play the reg plate game with the vehicles they lent to LRO and LRM...  Always fun to see what the vehicle was actually registered as

I do buy, occasionally, form Etremiron. They do a very good and well priced reciever hitch range, one of which I have and number of which I have fitted to vehicles. They also do some nice protection kit. I would never buy from Newt Mainland, ever.