Hello from the Isle of Man

RickB

Good day Gentlemen,

this is just to introduce myself to the forum community; actually, not a perfect stranger, as I have been a member of the former LR Enthusiast forum, and then of the LR Addict one.

Recently, Mr. Jim Attrill of ZA invited me to join this forum, and I am pleased/honoured to comply.

As to LR, I have a 109 sw diesel, 1974MY, and a 110" sw 2001MY.

On a more personal key, I am 47, a lawyer, live in Rome with a wife and 3 kids.

Also a member of the main italian LR Forum, named Africaland as much of it is devoted to Saharian journeys.

Regards

Silvio

Hi all, I've just signed up after lurking for ages.

I'm a motor mechanic by trade, worked on most 4x4s, been workshop foreman at a Land Rover main stealer and currently doing the same at a Suzuki dealers.

I'm into all things Land Rover, and I've been greenlaning for 25years.

I sold my 88" hybrid last year, had a few series series motors, early RR and and an early 110 v8.

At the moment I run a 3.5 Range Rover classic and I've nearly finished my 110TD that I've fitted a 200tdi (defender)lump and auto box to.

Hope i can add to the good standard of technical advice and friendly banter.

Cheers.

Wow What a great welcome!!!! Thanks. Sorry for no reply till now but i'v been away. Yes i am modding it soonish i have had her for 7 never missed a beat years so its time to repay the old girl with some toys i reckon.... used every day & some light offroading/greenlaning etc & no its not mi house :lol: but i do like exploring old castles & ruins (no jokes about the missus please) & welcome to all the other new members on mi thred ;) . Again thanks. More from me later when i get started on mi mods

Hi my name is Guy ,been a member on here for about a month now just looking at posts so i thought it's about time i showed my face and said hello!! :rolleyes: , not got a Land Rover on the road atm , i have a 1955 series 1 and my Dad has a 1984 Rangie ,the blue 1 in my pic!! i sort of lost interest in the Land Rover thing over the last few years ,that was until i met NICK WALKER!!!! (tangoman) the git has got me wanting to trade mi focus in for a 90 TDI, so hopefully some time soon i will have 1 and i can come and join in and have some fun with you guy's, and get n do some modding as well!!! :rolleyes:

Look forward to meeting some of you in the year. Great forum.

:rolleyes: Hi all! I've been reading this sites posts for a while now and making use of the excellent guidance contained therein for a keen novice like me so I thought it was time I said thankyou for the help and hello to everyone. To those who know Ben Nevis, well, Fort William to be exact, (the town at the foot of the Ben), you'll smile at the post title but it's been nice here for a while with sun and snow but yes, it is one of, if not 'the', wetest places in the Uk. That said, I'll be going through the posts regarding leaks (yes, I've got the traditional footbath both sides in front and have just developed a leak from behind the trim offside rear which seems to be coming from the top window (the name of which escapes me....no, not colander!) but it'll have to join the list as I'm in the middle of new Panard bushes, new ends on the track and drag,steering damper, new front shocks and, courtesey of the excellent post on how to turn those two lumps of slag on the front discs into lovely shiny things, refurbed front calipers....sprayed yellow 'cos I'm a fifty something boy racer(?) in a Disco 1!

I think my next post,with a pic or two, will be how a tight git with no bush extractors removes and replaces 'em in Panard rods as told to me by a friend over the phone from Sussex,between swearing. Not seen it in the posts so either it shouldn't be done this way or I really am on a steep learning curve if it's that obvious to all but me!! :(

Have fun and do it wearing very thick gloves with a bigger hammer....Rob B)

• 2 weeks later...

Hi There

Can't remember if i have introduced myself on this forum or not

So here goes ( possibly again )

I'm Edinburgh based owner of a series 3 88" 2.25nad hardtop

and a discovery 1 300tdi 3dr

Been a big fan of Landrovers for many a year but only managed to get hands on one last year closely

followed by a second and am already on the look out for a possible third.

:rolleyes:

• 1 month later...

Hello

I'm John Rolfe and I've lived in France for nearly 3 years now at the foot of the Pyrenees in a small village called Alaigne between Limoux and Carcassonne. This is 4x4 heaven with miles and miles of green lanes with no restrictions at all about driving them -it’s said you can drive all the way from here to Andorra via the lanes!

I’m planning to fish for example in a lake in the mountains this year with my son which is only accessible for 2 weeks of the year in August with the Range Rover, its supposed to full of big carp.

I’ve got a 1992 Range Rover LSE and a half share in a 1965 Unimog 404 which is to be converted to a Expedition Camper for an overland trip to Singapore via Turkey, the 3 ‘stans -Turkmenistan, Uzbekistan, Tajikistan, (then though a short bit of Afghanistan !), Pakistan, India, Bangladesh, Burma (maybe!), China, Laos, Thailand and Malaysia.

I’m not going on this trip incidentally just preparing the vehicle, my mate James is going to do this drive along with various girlfriends some of which claims he will be selling to local tribesmen for the fuel.

We will be doing a blog site for this incidentally at http://jaroenter.blogspot.com/ - don’t bother looking yet nothing written so far, unless you like funny furniture.

Hello

at the foot of the Pyrenees in a small village called Alaigne between Limoux and Carcassonne. This is 4x4 heaven with miles and miles of green lanes with no restrictions at all about driving them -it’s said you can drive all the way from here to Andorra via the lanes!

I am very jealous.....

Mods - would this be better off in the intl section?

Hi John Rolfe (why do I want a cigarette all of a sudden?!)

I am coming to the Pyrenees next month, and seem to be a bit stuck for how to get off-road a bit. Can you help with details of any routes of a possible traverse, heading East - West??

Oh, welcome to the forum by the way!!! :rolleyes:

Martin