Hello from the Isle of Man

RickB

Welcome aboard. You are definately in the right place. :)

Do all newbies land in this thread ? My original post seems to have been copied and pasted here while the thread has been deleted ? I don't mind of course, just a little puzzled as to what happened :P

Do all newbies land in this thread ? My original post seems to have been copied and pasted here while the thread has been deleted ? I don't mind of course, just a little puzzled as to what happened :P

I think you got moderated.

Know what you mean about the sports cars.

I have an LR for the slow lane, a Pug 306 for the middle lane & an Ultima for the fast lane.

Welcome

Steve

I think you got moderated.

On my first post - result !!! Never got moderated ever before :P

Know what you mean about the sports cars.

I have an LR for the slow lane, a Pug 306 for the middle lane & an Ultima for the fast lane.

I have two sierra cosworths (although one or both will have to go soon) as daily drives, not quite ultima pace, but a little more comfortable ;)

Love the Ultima btw, on my cars to have one day B)

post-10736-1218729310_thumb.jpg

Hello all ,

another new suplicant to what has to be one of the craziest forms of fun known to man . I was made aware of this forum by Steve b who I met on the Poland trip . Have taken up this madness as my retirement hobby , and having read some of the other correspondence , looks like this is the place for me !!!

Thought I would join in the conversation and introduce myself as I am a new member. I have a 300tdi discovery, less than a week old (to me anyway) and already nearly destroyed it. Anyone know any good sites for breakers and new parts ie winch bumpers, rock sliders, guard kits and lift kits. Used to own a 2 door crr 3.5 v8 bull nosed, bob tailed and converted to a pick up. Used to always be out with a group of mates green laning. Lost my way for a bit but now coming back to join the fun.

Thought I would join in the conversation and introduce myself as I am a new member. I have a 300tdi discovery, less than a week old (to me anyway) and already nearly destroyed it. Anyone know any good sites for breakers and new parts ie winch bumpers, rock sliders, guard kits and lift kits. Used to own a 2 door crr 3.5 v8 bull nosed, bob tailed and converted to a pick up. Used to always be out with a group of mates green laning. Lost my way for a bit but now coming back to join the fun.

hello,also a new member coming from Belgium

Just a few words to introduce myself

I have a1991 200 tdi wich i run every day to go to work and a 2202 disco td5(2land rovers--you also see crazy people on the continent)

I know one breaker .I have just bought a radiater for my defender and no problem

Of course it is difficult to compare because we don't have land rover breakers in Belguim

You must try in France and it is very expensive

the name is cws

cws4x4.co.uk(web site

keith.cws@btconnect.com(email)

01458834930 (phone)

They only do 4x4

Regards

• 2 weeks later...
Hello!

I'm sure you'll find everyone really helpful & knowledgable round 'ere. People even reply to my random questions!! :rolleyes:

Tis a very tidy truck - got any big plans or just going to get out & use it?

Thanks all.

I must say, the pics make her look better than maybe she is, although I do think she's pretty tidy. Bought her off a farmer that had done all the work on her with plans on keeping her then things changed and he sold her, so I'm confident she's in pretty good shape, although she was sat in a barn unused for a year.

She has a couple of niggles that need sorting, but basically I have no big plans yet, just going to get out and use her a bit.

My girlfriend wants a snorkel (just cos she thinks they look cool), so that will happen shortly.

Thanks for the welcome.

Juz

• 3 weeks later...

Hello, first post here, been lurking for a while so thought I'd better say hello and join in! I use other UK and US forums as kevb, We currently drive 2 90 TD5s and have bits of an old RR in my shed (maybe this winter......).

Into long range camping expeditions rather than comps at the mo but wouldn't rule anything out. Just back from a big trip to the US. Waiting on my green 90 getting back and will do a thread on it when I get it together.

There are some great projects on here, very impressed and envious.

Heres on of mine....

DSC_0708.jpg

DSC_0674.jpg

Hello! I'm new to this forum but have recently bought myself a freelander TD4 ES estate. I used to have Land Rovers before but went off them when they started getting too expensive for us mere mortals and tried varying Japenese, and one American offering. I'm not really into offroading but, even so, have managed to fit in acouple of weeks up the Alps plus the usual trip to Erg Chebbi via the Atlas. I used to own a three door 1.8 in 2001 so, when I saw my present one advertised, 26k on the clock with all its main dealer stamps in the book, I just had to have it.

Our posts resemble personal introductions to a therapy group or some such! Well done Lord Rick, all out of our shells. I can add that the advice I've recieved both current and back dated on this site has been invaluable and accurate so far, as regrds my 1960 series. Now if the bl##dy thing would just stop leaning.. :P