Hello from the Isle of Man

RickB

• 6 months later...

Hello folks

Looked around to see if you fellows had some sort of introduction tread, and this seems to fit the bill...

I`m Jens M from Norway, and I`ve had a case of the Landroveritis for the last 12 years, running (or not) a string of LR`s that spans from a series 1 107 (restoration project, bought as it and sold off as the same) to what I have now, via a diversity of RRC, series and a discovery V8 to what I have now - a Discovery 92 200TDi thats been around since the summer of 06.

Initially bought it for the wife but she`s refusing to drive it, so when my 93 Disco Rapide V8 blew a head, I took over the TDi.

Current status is off the road, repairing several MOT failures, where the most serious ones relates to steering.

Current specs includes Britpart 2" lift (that will get changed to Terrafirma in the span of a year,starting with shocks on the rear axle. One of the MOT failure points), a seriously huge intercooler, Kenlow fan setup and possibly some other things that may surface (the huge intercooler I just found out about last week).

Further plans for upgrades includes the fitting of 235X85-16 (I`ll try to borrow a set before committing to this, just to try it out). possibly a winch with a dual battery set up and some new bumpers front and back, and that will be that I think. Other stuff in the pipeline includes general anti rust protection (sills and floor was changed in 06), tappet adjustments, and the normal maintenance bits&bobs...

To sum it up, glad to be here.. Tech archives are wonderfull... :D