Forum greenlane trip to North Wales

GBMUD

Sorry for the lack of decision chaps. I am still thinking about this but I have another trip planned for the middle of October which may have to move back into November so I cannot make any firm decision until that is settled. If it helps for now, assume that it will certainly be 'not planned' for the first or second full weekend of November.

Cheers

Chris

Righto, I have stalled long enough. My French trip is now confirmed for the middle of October so I am deciding that the weekend of the 7th and 8th suits best. How is that for decisive? :)

I think I would like to base the trip around Llangollen. That makes it relatively easy to get to for anyone leaving work and coming on the Friday evening and is within reach of enough of North Wales to be convenient. There is alsoa bit of a town there for restaurants, shops, car spares etc.. I will choose a hotel in the next couple of weeks, unless anyone knows a good one they can recommend?

Cheers

Chris

If the truck is still running by then, would be interested. In the diary & will keep an eye on the thread. (Would also be camping so if anyone from the area has any suggestions for good place to put a little tent PM would be welcome nearer the date)

I'm in! Could we have a hotel-with-campsite-option for those of us in the public sector? ;)

I am looking into hotels; if it has a campsite, so be it, otherwise Si, just save your tips between now and then and you can treat the Mrs to a weekend away in an hotel.

Chris

I'm in! Could we have a hotel-with-campsite-option for those of us in the public sector? ;)

Presumably the campsite option is for those not in the "public sector", seems like we are the minority these days!

I have made enquiries at the Wild Pheasant Hotel on the A5 in the northern outskirts of Llangollen, about group rates, for 2 nights, twin rooms with dinner and breakfast included.

http://www.legacy-hotels.co.uk/legacy-pheasant/home.asp

This is to get a guide as to what to expect.

Some of you may be interested in some of the facilities offered:- :D

In addition to the free unlimited use of the hydro-pool, steam room and sauna, we offer an

extensive range of beauty, health and relaxation treatments at competitive prices in private

rooms by qualified therapists.

Access to the hydro-pool and sauna facilities.

Presumably the campsite option is for those not in the "public sector", seems like we are the minority these days!

I have made enquiries at the Wild Pheasant Hotel on the A5 in the northern outskirts of Llangollen, about group rates, for 2 nights, twin rooms with dinner and breakfast included.

http://www.legacy-hotels.co.uk/legacy-pheasant/home.asp

This is to get a guide as to what to expect.

Some of you may be interested in some of the facilities offered:- :D

In addition to the free unlimited use of the hydro-pool, steam room and sauna, we offer an

extensive range of beauty, health and relaxation treatments at competitive prices in private

rooms by qualified therapists.

Access to the hydro-pool and sauna facilities.

Very posh looking hotel. Are you sure it's in Wales? Those outdoor pictures look nothing like the Wales I know and probably won't look much like that in November :lol:

When you find out some prices I'll decide whether I'm "public sector" or not :unsure: although I somehow think 'er indoors will be making the decision for me :lol: