Rear Door hinges

muddyplugger

We all know how poor the rear door hinges are on Series/Defenders. The ones on my Defender are shot with the heavy spare wheel on the rear door.

I cant afford a 'swing away' carrier as yet, but does anyone make Heavy Duty rear door hinges? Is there any mod that people have done, or am I resigned to replacing the pins every so often??

I just can't stand the rattle anymore!!!

We all know how poor the rear door hinges are on Series/Defenders. The ones on my Defender are shot with the heavy spare wheel on the rear door.

I cant afford a 'swing away' carrier as yet, but does anyone make Heavy Duty rear door hinges? Is there any mod that people have done, or am I resigned to replacing the pins every so often??

I just can't stand the rattle anymore!!!

Moving the spare wheel inside was the best solution I found. I do not need the interior space particulary so it works OK.

Chris

Craddocks can supply the hinge pins/ball parts, I'm sure others such as DLS or Paddocks could too, I've only replaced the hinge pins once on my rear door & it carries a 255/85r16 mt on a wolf wheel.

also check/adjust the door lock striker plate, it could be it's allowing the dorr to move & cause the rattling.