P38a tank guard

MogLite

You've not timed this very well have you Andy!

It can't be more than a few months ago that Steve was selling just about everything you are looking for!!! :lol::lol::lol::ph34r:

The tank guard will be a big bit of metal, probably shiny silver so you'll have to get it anodised red! :lol::lol::P

it looks like this..

fuel-tank-guard.jpg

and not looking so shinny

fueltankguardfronton.jpg

it shows it works though, and Nick kindly straightened it for me after these photos

fueltankguardokside.jpg

fueltankguard.jpg

Here's the fitting instructions ;)

fuel-tank-instructions.jpg

Here's a diff guard in case you see one of these too..

diff-off.jpg

Cheers

Steve :P

You've not timed this very well have you Andy!

It can't be more than a few months ago that Steve was selling just about everything you are looking for!!! :lol::lol::lol::ph34r:

The tank guard will be a big bit of metal, probably shiny silver so you'll have to get it anodised red! :lol::lol::P

Bish you are absolutely right alas - still no point making things easy is there !!

I'm in no rush, just gathering the bits as i come across them at the right price.

Steve - as always you are a star :)

Did anyone make a simple internal roll-bar for a 38a ? Safety devices site seems to skip the 38a, and go straight to the L322.

Bish you are absolutely right alas - still no point making things easy is there !!

I'm in no rush, just gathering the bits as i come across them at the right price.

Steve - as always you are a star :)

Did anyone make a simple internal roll-bar for a 38a ? Safety devices site seems to skip the 38a, and go straight to the L322.

Speak to Frogs Island as they had a Safety Devices full internal cage for the P38 that they wanted to shift a few months back.

The cage was developed for the Trek P38's

Cheers

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

i've got a safety devices catalogue somewhere that shows an internal cage for a P38, its pretty serious tubework, i think it has 3 hoops... if i remember right it was developed for rich Arabs to go desert rallying.... :)

i'm sure SD could do just a hoop and stays but don't know what's going on with SD these days... :huh:

last i heard, they wen't into volutary liquidation, followed by a slightly fishy management buyout.. and there stuff is fabbed in Poland now... probably using all the knackered press tools and fabrication machinery this country sold them about 10 years ago... :rolleyes: