+5 Shocks - Options please ?

Hi All,

I need to replace 2x procomp +5 inch Shocks, with "Pin Pin" Mountings

I have at the top of my list Old man Emus, have these on the rear and am very very impressed

but, I was wondering what the other possiblities are ?

Forget replacing with Procomp, as not enough damping on either compression or rebound

Forget Rough Country, as I have been told by many these are as soft / softer possibly

than Pro Comp

So, other than OME, Procomp, Rough Country any other options anyone knows of out ther

Links, websites, and or any tech info would be :) :)

Nige

i have OME and i think they are well worth the money! they have been fitted for apox 2 years and there has been no noticeably drop in performance they even undid when i did my chassis swap. the land rover feels very sure footed and they have taken a huge amount of abuse!

dan

i have OME and i think they are well worth the money! they have been fitted for apox 2 years and there has been no noticeably drop in performance they even undid when i did my chassis swap. the land rover feels very sure footed and they have taken a huge amount of abuse!

dan

Ditto the above and on the road they are very very good also. Buy right, buy once.

i cant praise terrafirma enough mate.. had them on my last disco and will be putting them on this one.. the shafts are mega thick on them and they are mega cheap but not nasty!! really worth having a look at them!

Is that a benefit??

HFH - fyi pic of shocks, care of Gwyn's site..

web-pic-s-030.jpg

one on the right gets my vote ;)

Weren't Terafirma the recent copiers of Gywn Lewis suspension designs?

I'd buy OME from Gwyn if it were my money

^^^^

:angry:

Anyone know this as fact to support the above - it do ring a bell now YC has mentioned it ?

I saw a set of these today, not that wonderfull in terms of bump / rebound

strength compared with OMEs, so am leaning (again) that way

Nige

^^^^

:angry:

Anyone know this as fact to support the above - it do ring a bell now YC has mentioned it ?

I saw a set of these today, not that wonderfull in terms of bump / rebound

strength compared with OMEs, so am leaning (again) that way

Nige

the story i got from david at llama4x4 when ordering some bits was.............

terrafirma asked gwyn if he could send a sample challenge shock mount to them so they could inspect it and then he would be their supplier of them... so they went and got some chinese firm to copy their free sample!!.. bit cruddy on gwyn but good business sense from them!

terrafirma +5" shocks cost me £120 for all four.. i hammered them every time i went out off road and they were great as far as i was concerned.. but i am not doing challenges or competitions..